GT Hoops General Topics

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would think it is worth $50K to Pastner to chip in to get CY - if that would do it.
Building a program that supports your 7 digit salary for an extra number of years makes that a no brainer.
Making sure you have the right lead recruiter will make or break you.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I would think it is worth $50K to Pastner to chip in to get CY - if that would do it.
Building a program that supports your 7 digit salary for an extra number of years makes that a no brainer.
Making sure you have the right lead recruiter will make or break you.

The problem is, as @connell62 points out in another thread, it's probably not about money. CY appears to be trying to position himself to be a replacement for Hamilton at FSU when he (finally) retires.

burlgt

Georgia Tech Fan
Ideally, they'd have had a shooting competition to get CGB's rhythm back.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen was at the fan Plex thing at the 2004 Final Four (this was Sunday between games). They had a shooting contest and Mark and Brent Price were among the 20+ people who wandered out on the court. The host announcer had no clue who they were and started the contest (make this, go to the next round). They proceeded to make absolutely everything (3's, shots from out of bounds, etc) and drew quite a crowed as it went on. It was like the Horse game between Bird and Jordan in the old McDonald's commerical. Towards the end someone clued the guy in on who they were, but it was 2 brothers competing for that 10 minutes (or whatever it was). Really fun to watch.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Without getting into this argument of the best pre-made burger available piping warm at a drive through window, I will suggest a quick spin east on US 70 toward Oriental. You exit onto SR 55 and follow it to the end. There sits Brantley's Village Restaurant and the best fried chicken lunch anywhere. Collards, and all the fixin's, are included, along with iced tea (sweet or yankee) for about the price of a burger combo at one of those places. And Angie will refill your glass as often as you want. The banana pudding is included with your meal. Oh, did I mention the fried chicken buffet is "All you can eat?"

slugboy

Staff member
A little out of my way, but if I'm ever up there, I'll stop in.

Without getting into this argument of the best pre-made burger available piping warm at a drive through window, I will suggest a quick spin east on US 70 toward Oriental. You exit onto SR 55 and follow it to the end. There sits Brantley's Village Restaurant and the best fried chicken lunch anywhere. Collards, and all the fixin's, are included, along with iced tea (sweet or yankee) for about the price of a burger combo at one of those places. And Angie will refill your glass as often as you want. The banana pudding is included with your meal. Oh, did I mention the fried chicken buffet is "All you can eat?"

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Some damn fine barbecue on state route 421 near Dunn, too. (Believe I got road number correct. It's been a while since I used to make the run from Wake County to Wilmington in the pre I-40 days!)

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone been to Milos?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
These recent posts are not GT Hoops General Topics. Could we move them to the ACC Discussion thread. Eeeeyyyooo

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Stephon Marbury ending career in China, 'going out the way I want to go out'
Two-time NBA All-Star Stephon Marbury told ESPN's The Undefeated that he is at peace with his 22-year professional basketball career ending in China on Feb. 11 -- just days before he turns 41 years old.
The three-time CBA champion says he is "tired" and plans to return to his offseason home in Los Angeles after his finale in China. While Marbury also plans to stay in shape -- "just in case" an NBA team calls this season -- he says he's "at peace" with his pro career ending in China.