GT Hoops General Topics

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'm confused. CJP didn't want to hire assistant coaches who said they liked golf (or STTE) but now he takes the team to Top Golf????

GaTechNation

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm confused. CJP didn't want to hire assistant coaches who said they liked golf (or STTE) but now he takes the team to Top Golf????

He didn’t want anyone that he hired to play golf outside of work because he thought it was frivolous but took them to TopGolf as a team-building activity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
He didn’t want anyone that he hired to play golf outside of work because he thought it was frivolous but took them to TopGolf as a team-building activity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His point was that they were going to be so busy rebuilding the program that they should expect little leisure time. The fact that he phrased this as "no golfers need apply" made people who like to understand non-literal turns of phrase, literally, jump all over him.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Some tidbits ...

- Defensive numbers have been good for all exhibition games including the secret scrimmage vs AUB.
- Scoring will be problem, gotta find guys to make shots.
- Gotta find scoring until Tadric/Josh return.
- Absence is blessing in disguise. Has to play guys who wouldn't normally get minutes, including the FR who'll have to come in and help us win.
- Scoring around the rim is one area Ben needs to improve. Has been patient around the hoop vs Faulk/UCLA.
** CPast hinted that Ben shied away from contact last year.
- He's a stud. Until those guys get back, he's got to really lead us (offensively).

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck