GT Hoops General Topics

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure when they will be back. Due to the circumstances surrounding the whole issue and the fact that the person who provided the benefits might have done so intentionally, they might not be out too long. However, UNC cheated for 18 years so the NCAA needs someone to punish.

If those two are out an extended time, this team will struggle to win double digits. Very disappointing this guy was allowed to get so close to the program. Gigantic error in judgment by Pastner.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UCLA game is winnable with those 2. Without them, even if it's a bad loss, it's a game we weren't expected to win. Not sure it really hurts our resume down the road.

Even if they're suspended for games, I hope it's not from team activities & the kids get to go to China. Even if they made a mistake (seems like they may have), it doesn't seem like it would be so outrageous to deprive good kids from that kind of opportunity.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I guess they are the 2 but I didn't think a scrimmage like this was subject to the same suspension as regular season games?

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Yeah I don't understand why they are out for a scrimmage, unless they are not allowed to do any team activities.

Also, is this an NCAA issue like the fool tweeted or in-house? Part 2: If so, do we have a timeline on when it's announced?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Maybe the shirts made for pastner’s bday by his creepy stalker were a benefit against the rules? Seems stupid but I don’t put anything past the uncAA.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Considering UNCAA's response to fake classes, I'm guessing free shoes= ineligible for the season & a post season ban on the rest of the team. Free shirts=losing our acc football championship trophy.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m not sure when they will be back. Due to the circumstances surrounding the whole issue and the fact that the person who provided the benefits might have done so intentionally, they might not be out too long. However, UNC cheated for 18 years so the NCAA needs someone to punish.
Any idea when this will be announced to the public?

jacob

Banned
That guy did it on purpose?