GT Hoops General Topics

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
"Put Ben Lammers in the Cuse and he's NBA bound yesterday.
Lammers was a three star prospect who the Tech coaching staff has done a great job developing into an NBA prospect. And he will have a shot at the NBA once he graduates with his mechanical engineering degree.

But yea, I bet he would have been a OADer at the Cuse."

These guys are killing me. Hahaha good stuff

Yes I realize the response was TIC

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
From the Syracuse board:

My gut is starting to tell me he is coming here, I just don't think this is the type of kid to play at a program like Gt in front of few fans wearing a Russel Athletic jersey.
They probably handed him a jersey to try on, he saw the Russell logo, and he said, "no thanks."

justgold315, Today at 2:17 PM

I'm so tired of hearing this Russell crap...from that smirking douche Seth Greenberg on national tv during the nit to other fans, coaches & players! Can we please end this deal already! Don't care if it's Nike UA Addidas as long as it's not freakin Russell!

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
They showed up and said the place was covered in mold and had rat droppings. They rented it for $46K a month and he wouldn't return their $92K security deposit.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
If I read the article right this would have been UGA's home game getting played at Philips. Tech played UGA at McCamish this year and they were trying to get the 2017 game back here as well. The biggest problem is Fox then saying that UGA would get the game following at home as well. That means pushing Tech's next bball home game back a year.
Right now, the schedule for the next four years will be: Stegman-McCamish-Stegman-McCamish. Under the (u)GA proposal, it would have been: Phillips-Stegman-McCamish-Stegman. So, yes--we would have been giving up a home game. Thank goodness Radakovich is no longer here; he would have leapt at the opportunity to give up a home game to benefit a rival...

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Right now, the schedule for the next four years will be: Stegman-McCamish-Stegman-McCamish. Under the (u)GA proposal, it would have been: Phillips-Stegman-McCamish-Stegman. So, yes--we would have been giving up a home game. Thank goodness Radakovich is no longer here; he would have leapt at the opportunity to give up a home game to benefit a rival...
I do see the benefit of after this proposal then having the home football and basketball games in the same year. But the long term benefit of that, if it means Tech loses a home game now, should be offset financially by UGA in some manner. The UGA proposal doesn't cover that aspect and so is not good enough.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
This is way off topic, but I just watched the highlights from the Notre Dame game when JO beat the buzzer. I'm already ready for the season to start. All this recruiting business is making me crazy to watch some bball. Read a good article today about MJ. I think we still have a legit chance at him. Whatever happens with it all, I'm looking forward to a rocking "thriller dome" come fall.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Tony Akins headed to Gwinnett Sports Hall of Fame for success at Berkmar and beyond
“I used to say Tony was the best player I ever coached, pound for pound,” Boyd said this week before attending Akins’ Gwinnett County Sports Hall of Fame induction tonight at Infinite Energy Center. “But I would say he’s the best I ever had. He had the best year of any player that I’ve ever coached. You look back at everything he’s accomplished and he was the best I ever coached.”
“I feel like it helped me grow,” Akins said of his international career. “I’m not the person who I was or who I was going to be growing up. That’s not the person I am now. It helped me become a better person and understanding more about life and how things worked in the world. Being halfway on the other side of the world was really good for me. I loved it. I had fun. I’m not a big traveler on my own, so I really enjoyed it, seeing the world.”