GT Hoops General Topics

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Has a little extra helping of snark in some of the ways he said things but the underlying premise is one i can agree with.
CJP came in talking recruiting and has done good but left a lot on the table. Understandable so far but still a little (read little) disappointing. And needs to change. he would tell you that.

He has a ton of brownie points from last year so it doesn't matter at the moment. But in a couple of years when it is time to look for the next contract it will matter.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Gotta land some boys in the 18 class. Luck and admiration with J-Ok will only last so long. Esp with Jax and Vanilla Godzilla graduating this year.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It seemed as if we had a real chance with Tucker, but when it came down to a decision, it appears we were in 3rd place. But Cuse was a more natural spot for him and Duke was just too tempting. If we are fighting with Duke for recruits the next few years I am OK with that. They can only take so many and K is eyeing the exit.

MJW always wanted FSU. I think CY told him they would eventually find a roster spot and for him to withhold committing until they sorted it all out. I doubt we were ever going to sign him as long as FSU was an option.

The guys we were looking at and that signed in the Fall were longshots at best. I was OK with that. Now that he has a chance of battling on a more even keel, we need to get a few of the 2018 targets. It does not have to be a Top Ten class, but serious and obvious improvement over 2017 is absolutely needed.

I like the guys we signed and hope to see another post-season next year. But I am not expecting much improvement in our record.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I would have liked to close on Walker, but I don't think there's much reason to believe FSU wasn't his leader the entire time. Outside of him, the other big name targets committed too early for CJP and staff to get a foot hold. He did a great job getting three guys who, IMO, will be 4 year contributors in Alvarado, Cole and Heywood. (I'm a little iffy on the Wright take, but I'll trust the staff's evaluation). Those guys are going to be vital to build the program back to top 25 status. I'm hoping those guys will be the group our opposition questions how they're still in school. (ie. "How hasn't AD Vasallo graduated yet?") That being said, they need to close their top targets in 2018. Nassir Little, Khavon Moore - come on down!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gotta land some boys in the 18 class. Luck and admiration with J-Ok will only last so long. Esp with Jax and Vanilla Godzilla graduating this year.

Nas Little and Khavon Moore for '18. Get those two, and anyone else we sign is just the blueberry topping on a Sunday pancake breakfast.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Anyone know if we have any guys playing in the TBT?

I looked over a few rosters but didn't see anyone

None that I saw.

Also, Markel Brown should be ashamed of himself. He's not that far removed from being in the league.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pretty loaded line up. Josh has versatility to play at least 2 positions, but Cal's favoritism towards his guys, his recruiting needs, and trying to boost SEC profile will play a role here.