GT Hoops General Topics

Jmonty71

Banned
Maybe it's me. But, I like the new coach. He brings a sense of defense to the team. It was like seeing the scrappy teams that Cremins would field. I see lots of potential on the floor. If we don't make the big dance this year, I think we will next year, for sure.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The movement by the players and the ball is certainly more appealing to fans as well as recruits. Pastner is already showing more structure here then he ever did at Memphis IMHO. I'm not quite sold on the hire yet given some other factors but I'm being won over more and more each day.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
The movement by the players and the ball is certainly more appealing to fans as well as recruits. Pastner is already showing more structure here then he ever did at Memphis IMHO. I'm not quite sold on the hire yet given some other factors but I'm being won over more and more each day.
I will echo this thought and add that it is not just Pastner but give credit to the entire staff. Maybe we need to give credit to the hire of the staff. This may be uncomfortable for many, including me, as we will need to compliment the recently departed.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I like this. We need to play some real teams in non-conf schedule. Yesterday was brutal but that will change as talent level improves

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CJP's 1st radio show tonight. Haven't listened yet, but here it is.

This also happened today and I'm a bit afraid to listen to it. Why CJP thought it was a good idea to go on the radio in Memphis, I've got no idea.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

This also happened today and I'm a bit afraid to listen to it. Why CJP thought it was a good idea to go on the radio in Memphis, I've got no idea.

I recall an interview of him on Mem radio right after us hiring him. It wasn't bad although he was obviously on with a host who'd called for him to be fired. The guy was contrite and played up the fact that CP is a great guy. CP had apparently written the guy a letter when his father got sick or died or something.

I haven't listenend to what you posted but I suspect it isn't bad.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks for posting this. I missed it live. I really like Coach Pastner. I feel like he has a plan in mind. Now he just has to get a few recruits in here to put that plan into action. I love a team that can plan defense, but I got so tired of only hearing about defense and rebounding from the CBG. I think kids want to play with pace, and part of that pace is playing good defense. Again, I'm sold on the guy. I hope we give him some patience and support.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haven't listened yet, but another podcast featuring CJP.

ETA: Definition of getting "lucky" in recruiting - convincing a 5* kid when he knows GT isn't cool or finding a less than 5* via evaluation and having him play/developing in to a 5* type player while he's at GT.

Last edited: