GT Hoops General Topics

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It's at their place too. Can't be scared tho, slugb. These are the types of matchups we want and need.

If you're scared, you can come sit next to me. We'll have an ice cream, calm you down. :D
kg I actually heard you are driving the shuttle from Athens to Hartsfield-Jackson immediately after football beats the Pups on Friday night and flying the Swarm Bus to OKC

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
kg I actually heard you are driving the shuttle from Athens to Hartsfield-Jackson immediately after football beats the Pups on Friday night and flying the Swarm Bus to OKC

Am I being volun-told right now?

I'll do it only if I can bring @Techster along as my copilot and designated ice cream taster.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
GT is 150/1 to win the NCAAT this coming season. How much are you putting down?

Put me down for a $100. I am good for it.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow

Like every year, I’ll get down on them. Always my avatar. Given we’ve never won a BB nat’l title, and last year’s record, thot we’d be higher than 150-1.
This roster def strong enough for the Dance, then all things possible. Look forward to being in a position to hedge in early April; but also don’t like bad mojo of hedging. Nothing wrong with dreaming!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

What are the odds on making the dance - or getting to the second weekend? Those would be interesting bets

I'd definitely take a stab at us making the tournament. They typically release other odds closer to the tournament.

Also, what are the odds on the ACC Tournament? Or ACC Regular Season? I'd take a flyer on either of those.

Last edited:

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I may have missed update on Jalen Forrest - what’s his status with team?
Hard to see real contributions after avg 5ppg during 30 games at a JC. Hope he finds a good fit if not with us - his dad had legendary games at Tech.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Like every year, I’ll get down on them. Always my avatar. Given we’ve never won a BB nat’l title, and last year’s record, thot we’d be higher than 150-1.
This roster def strong enough for the Dance, then all things possible. Look forward to being in a position to hedge in early April; but also don’t like bad mojo of hedging. Nothing wrong with dreaming!
I don't think that I've heard heard you tell the story about the image in your avatar.

Did you hedge the bet?

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
I believe Georgia Tech has a bright future in participation in post season play. As always, the correct forces of basketball nature must occur to qualify. Win over 70 % of the games, the more the better and in the upper half of the ACC, giving a NET score below 68. Play non-conference schedule with other good teams. Draw a crowd at home games. Coaches and players must believe they can win and play that way always, including a deep bench, no matter how far ahead or behind in any game. That is expected of the fans and the selection committees.

We all may remember those type teams. I was part of those teams when there were few. An example is in the link below is the Feb 3, 1971 in the UGA game at Alexander Memorial, where we beat them 90-77 to a capacity crowd. This video clip was done by UGA in memory of Ronnie Hogue, Georgia's first black athlete, after he died 8 years ago. Good old fashioned hate was evident on and off the court, as seen in the physical play. A look back at play with no shot clock, no three point shots, and no dunking, with 2 officials and no instant replay. The game was played closer to the basket. Almost all calls were in disagreement. . We finished the year 23-9 and runner up in the NIT to 13th ranked UNC. Note the Chuck Taylors and short pants.
1718890644159.png

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
Let this one fade away, never to be discussed again.
It may be more difficult for this offered recruit (transfer) to fade away with his father as Tech Hall of Famer James Forrest. Unfortunately, the vetting the son for academic eligibility early for a transfer student halted his enrollment last summer. Nor will it be difficult for the recruitment and offer and commitment of the son of another Tech Hall of Famer Dennis Scott fade away. High school senior Trey Scott de-committed and signed with Georgia State. The change of coaches may have led to these "promises made" not being kept. Whatever the circumstance, there may be a lasting effect on the student athletes and the parents.

The class of 2025 currently has 38 offers from Georgia Tech. https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/season/2025-basketball/offers/

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
I believe Georgia Tech has a bright future in participation in post season play. As always, the correct forces of basketball nature must occur to qualify. Win over 70 % of the games, the more the better and in the upper half of the ACC, giving a NET score below 68. Play non-conference schedule with other good teams. Draw a crowd at home games. Coaches and players must believe they can win and play that way always, including a deep bench, no matter how far ahead or behind in any game. That is expected of the fans and the selection committees.

We all may remember those type teams. I was part of those teams when there were few. An example is in the link below is the Feb 3, 1971 in the UGA game at Alexander Memorial, where we beat them 90-77 to a capacity crowd. This video clip was done by UGA in memory of Ronnie Hogue, Georgia's first black athlete, after he died 8 years ago. Good old fashioned hate was evident on and off the court, as seen in the physical play. A look back at play with no shot clock, no three point shots, and no dunking, with 2 officials and no instant replay. The game was played closer to the basket. Almost all calls were in disagreement. . We finished the year 23-9 and runner up in the NIT to 13th ranked UNC. Note the Chuck Taylors and short pants.
View attachment 16293

View attachment 16293

It is sad and angers me that UGA has this video of our players banned from reposting, maybe because they lost on the Tech court or maybe it is just UGA, period. So sad that content is controlled for whatever reason. Anyway, THWG.