GT Hoops Assistant Coaches Hot List

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
An interesting note brought to mind by this twit/exchange ...

... Cream has a rep for being difficult to work with. Hayes being on board ... then not, doesn't do anything to dispel that notion.

ETA: And the 'he has a lucrative offer to stay' stuff was designed to throw him under the bus, imho.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Sigh. I was hoping for Swartz and Hayes. Not my first disappointment, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nothing to be disappointed about IMO.. Yes, Hayes would have been a great addition, but we doing right by one of our own guys in Swartz (who deserves the nod based on his actions). He's been in absolute beast mode on the trail since being given the opportunity, and he has developed a great relationship with Marcus Watson (who is currently our top prospect for 19) and his family./

To boot, we still have an opportunity to make a great hire.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I think we should all start spelling Swartz the right way since it appears he's being elevated to full time assistant.
????
281t4p.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

LaTech bio:
http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/tony_skinn_968678.html
A few interesting tidbits ...
Previously, Skinn served as athletics director for Paul International High School in Washington, D.C. In addition, he served as an assistant coach for NIKE Team Takeover, one of the top five AAU programs in the country.
While serving as an assistant coach, Skinn was primarily focused on recruiting and player development. He helped develop the classes of 2013 and 2014 which included 20+ Division I signees such as James Palmer (Miami), Tre Campbell (Georgetown) and Dion Wiley (Maryland).

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I like this hire if it pans out.
Has a strong reputation working with guards. Had multiple guards at La Tech make all conference.
His background at Team Takeover would help in recruiting, specifically in the DC area.
Ironically, he was the starting PG on Jim Larranaga's George Mason Final Four team.

If he is hired my assumption would be that he would have responsibility for the guards and Shwartz would likely get the final asst spot and be put in charge of the wings (and be the primary Atlanta recruiter as he has been hitting the ATL recruiting scene hard since his temporary promotion last fall).