GT Hoops Assistant Coaches Hot List

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Heh. Yeah the "feigned" rivalry ...

... and that would be awesome, but I'm not on twitter.

Time to start paying attention to posters' speech patterns here? Find out who the guy is?

I have my suspicions. *cough* Michael Strahan *cough*

You're not on Twitter?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Nope. I just read a few key guys' feeds from time to time.
So the fact that you almost always get beat to the punch in posting news from Twitter should be the standard, which is how it's always played out?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
So the fact that you almost always get beat to the punch in posting news from Twitter should be the standard, which is how it's always played out?

You should always beat me ..... but you don't always beat me, do you?

Imagine what would happen if I went back all-in .....

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
This may have been brought up earlier, but I just realized today that Coach Swartz worked as graduate assistant with Tom Crean at Marquette from 2005-2008 and as intern with Tom Crean at Indiana in 2008. Now they're recruiting against each other in the state of Georgia. I know that stuff happens all the time...just thought it was interesting how it has cycled back around.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This may have been brought up earlier, but I just realized today that Coach Swartz worked as graduate assistant with Tom Crean at Marquette from 2005-2008 and as intern with Tom Crean at Indiana in 2008. Now they're recruiting against each other in the state of Georgia. I know that stuff happens all the time...just thought it was interesting how it has cycled back around.

So, if I'm reading you right, you're saying ..... we got a double-agent on staff??!?! :eek: Quick, somebody get CPJ on the line? Why him? I dunno, I'm panickin'.

Kidding, but it does show how small that community is. On a semi-related note, it's probably why the whole FBI thing is seemingly stalling. All these coaches know each other and the community is intertwined so much that it's not automatic that they'll roll on each other the way the FBI needs them to. The ones who have rolled probably don't expect to ever coach again at any significant level as a result.

Look at the guy that blew the whistle on Dave Bliss at Baylor.

Bliss was literally caught trying to hide his own recruiting violations ... on a dead kid ... who was murdered by one of his own players. And Bliss got another college job while the whistleblower never coached again.

College basketball, ladies and gentlemen.