GT@Home vs Belmont

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow

Free Tickets for Students+ a Guest AND he'll be at Krispy kreme buying donuts

If coaching doesn't work out for this guy, he's got a second career selling miracle mops!

I just love Coach P. I love how he gives the students the credit for home wins, but he and his staff are doing a good job giving us something worth cheering for. It was so frustrating the past few years to watch us lead for 39 minutes and then blow it in the end.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
The high school team I assist with played the #3 team in the state several weeks ago, another team that lived and died by shooting threes. We overplayed them around the perimeter, running them off the three point line and basically making them drive and cut to the basket. This resulted in some wide-open layups, but also some blocks and charges taken by our very good center (sound familiar), since they were not as confident taking it to the basket. Since we weren't exchanging 2PTers for their 3PTers, we kept it close. In the second half, they kept forcing up contested threes to get some separation, and we converted some long rebounds into transition points. Ended up beating them by 12.

That is all. Brag over.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Just saw a post on the Hive from I believe a student saying he just got an email from coach Pastner saying Pastner would provide free Krispy Kreme doughnuts on Sunday.

I got an email from gtatheltics I believe with:

cf0125c2a16db5d8d45bb52ca9f22034.jpg

slugboy

Staff member
Short of making a big run in the NCAA's, Pastner's done about as good a job for year 1 as I could expect. With the situation he came into, it's an above average coaching job (and yes, I know he won ACC coach of the year--I'm just taking a conservative view).
I still have the kind of doubts that last until you see someone with a six-year coaching record, but for this year he's brought the thrill back to the Thrillerdome, and he's had style. I don't think he can buy doughnuts and tickets every year, and I'm still hoping something turns up for this year's coaching class, but I gotta say I'm impressed.

Milwaukee

Banned
Short of making a big run in the NCAA's, Pastner's done about as good a job for year 1 as I could expect. With the situation he came into, it's an above average coaching job (and yes, I know he won ACC coach of the year--I'm just taking a conservative view).
I still have the kind of doubts that last until you see someone with a six-year coaching record, but for this year he's brought the thrill back to the Thrillerdome, and he's had style. I don't think he can buy doughnuts and tickets every year, and I'm still hoping something turns up for this year's coaching class, but I gotta say I'm impressed.

You didn't hear? Josh simply stepped into a powerhouse situation built by Brian Gregory. Where have you been?

Seth Greenberg and Tom Crean

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I matched up Georgia Tech with Belmont on the Whatifsports website and it had GT winning 80-71. Here's how the scoring went

Ben Lammers 24 points
Quintin Stephens 9 points
Josh Okogie 19 points
Justin Moore 4 points
Tadric Jackson 8 points
Josh Heath 5 points
Corey Heyward 9 points
Christian Matthews 2 points
Abdoulaye Gueye 0 points
Jodan Price 0 points
Kellen McCormick 0 points

I hope this is how it plays out on Sunday:cool:

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I matched up Georgia Tech with Belmont on the Whatifsports website and it had GT winning 80-71. Here's how the scoring went

Ben Lammers 24 points
Quintin Stephens 9 points
Josh Okogie 19 points
Justin Moore 4 points
Tadric Jackson 8 points
Josh Heath 5 points
Corey Heyward 9 points
Christian Matthews 2 points
Abdoulaye Gueye 0 points
Jodan Price 0 points
Kellen McCormick 0 points

I hope this is how it plays out on Sunday:cool: