GT@Home vs Belmont

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I know...We went to the Indiana game and it was a blast. We watched the dwags lose to Belmont on the I-pad . When the game ended I told my kids we would go watch the game against Belmont. That was ruined when I found out the game was noon Sunday,we will be at church. Thanks for the horrible scheduling NIT.

The good Lord is rewarding your years of faithful devotion by returning GT to the postseason. He will understand if you worship at the Church of GT Basketball (aka McCamish) instead of His house this Sunday.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He could always go to the late Service;)

GT Basketball is having service for almost 10,000 people this Sunday. I think they announced it's at noon. Young men from Belmont University are scheduled to be guests and will participate in a vigorous demonstration with the young men from GT. I hear a round ball will feature in this demonstration.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Dawdled verifying who would be able to come :) initially had row 5, then row 9 before confirmation received...
Ended up on Row 16 Section 101 Seats 9 and 10... But hey two of us will be there :)

Drop by and say hi.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently even though Maten played in the SEC tournament he suffered a setback and he and UGAs 3rd leading scorer both sat that game. So it was JJ Frazier vs Belmont essentially. He scored 29. Rest of UGA scores 40.

One more home game for a chance at the Syracuse rubber match.

Apparently even though Maten played in the SEC tournament he suffered a setback and he and UGAs 3rd leading scorer both sat that game. So it was JJ Frazier vs Belmont essentially. He scored 29. Rest of UGA scores 40.

One more home game for a chance at the Syracuse rubber match.
I saw some highlights on the late news. Not a big crowd at the stable tonight.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Keep in mind that next week is spring break for us - I doubt the student turn out will be anything close to what it was Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Belmont takes 52% of its shots from threes. Have to defend the perimeter well and then not fall asleep inside as if you do they will try to get easy backdoors.
Rick Byrd has been there forever and is a really good coach.
Maybe it's just me over analyzing things but we seem, or at least to me it seems, we give up a lot of open looks from 3. Get out on there shooters and leave Ben in the paint. He drifted out of the lane a few times Tuesday trying to pick up an open shooter in the corner. Luckily IU couldn't hit.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This is going to be a tough game. Belmont is a smart team that plays efficiently. They pass well and they shoot well. I don't know if Ugag was just lazy or unmotivated, but from what I saw, Belmont was clearly the better team. We need to guard the perimeter well and attack the basket. Belmont will not be a pushover.

Belmont has a tournament team and for my money I thought they were better than Illinois State by a longshot