GT FANS

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I had my boys at Yellow Jacket Alley yesterday. A man in his late 70s, who I've never spoken to before, came up and asked my 11y/o what Techs school colors are. To my prideful ears he says "white and gold" to which the old man says "then quit wearing navy!". Terrible ambassador for the Institute. My son was wearing a navy underarmor "protect this house" shirt with a GT logo that he'd picked out at the bookstore a few months back. Everyone at his middle school wears Walmart boodawg gear, but he loves this shirt and wears it frequently. GT fans who wish we had a larger fan base, sold more tickets, filled the stadium, etc need to make that change in the mirror before looking to others.
Had the same thing happen to me in Nashville during the 2005 NCAA tournament. I had a gold Kenny Anderson jersey on and my cousin who's a Michigan fan wore a navy GT shirt. A few Tech fans came up and started to talk to us. One asked where we were sitting. I told him. Then says we have two extra tickets if you'd like to sit around our Tech group. One of the guys laughs and says, um no. He's wearing navy. A true fan wears gold and white. I politely to him to F*** himself and walked away. I swear we have some great fans but there's been a handful I'd put right up there with Michigan Alums. Arrogant as all hell with an I'm better than you attitude. I'm a sidewalk fan. Born in Atl and moved to Michigan. But I can say some Tech grads are a lot to deal with.

I had my boys at Yellow Jacket Alley yesterday. A man in his late 70s, who I've never spoken to before, came up and asked my 11y/o what Techs school colors are. To my prideful ears he says "white and gold" to which the old man says "then quit wearing navy!". Terrible ambassador for the Institute. My son was wearing a navy underarmor "protect this house" shirt with a GT logo that he'd picked out at the bookstore a few months back. Everyone at his middle school wears Walmart boodawg gear, but he loves this shirt and wears it frequently. GT fans who wish we had a larger fan base, sold more tickets, filled the stadium, etc need to make that change in the mirror before looking to others.

Hell CPJ wears Navy/GA Southern blue all the time.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
The Ga S fans were very well behaved. I was completely surrounded by them. I did notice that many of them have the "GT arrive 10 minutes into the first quarter" habit.

I like to get there early to see warmups because it is the only chance to observe action by walkons, frosh RSs, and third stringers, many of which will be on the field in a year or two. When warmups started there were less than a dozen fans in the upper N stands. Most of the Ga S fans stayed until the mass exit at 3 minutes to go.

You must have been near me and my crew

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line for me ... whatever sport, whatever the circumstances, I'm a GT fan, it's in my blood and it's never going to change !
I'll be "up" when we win and "down" when we lose ... can't change it even if I wanted to.
And Yes, I'm ALWAYS proud to wear the colors.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Was in email conversation about game today with coworker that is GSU alum and was at game. She's good sport but said funniest thing she saw was an elderly (about 80 she thought) GT fan fussing about some young fans standing up. He finally took his cane and whacked one of they guys over the head! Guy's kids started crying.

Was in email conversation about game today with coworker that is GSU alum and was at game. She's good sport but said funniest thing she saw was an elderly (about 80 she thought) GT fan fussing about some young fans standing up. He finally took his cane and whacked one of they guys over the head! Guy's kids started crying.
Were the young fans from Tech or GS?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I'm just sitting here shaking my head at some of the things others have related in this thread such as a child being chastised for wearing a favorite Tech shirt and the cane incident. Let me say this, I've kidded @Supersizethatorder-mutt for being a fashionista and we've had fun about it. But in all seriousness if I EVER had a Tech fan come up to me and chastise me about my choice of Tech shirts I have on it would not be pretty and the same with cane act though given his age I would have an usher handle it. This some of the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard of not just from a Tech "fan" but ANY fan base. As most of you who have been around the board for any length of time I am a sidewalk fan for better than 5 decades, I made the choice to root for Tech and have never wavered from that choice but I tell you some of our so called fans could damn sure learn a lesson in manners, humility and how to be a FAN.

I'm just sitting here shaking my head at some of the things others have related in this thread such as a child being chastised for wearing a favorite Tech shirt and the cane incident. Let me say this, I've kidded @Supersizethatorder-mutt for being a fashionista and we've had fun about it. But in all seriousness if I EVER had a Tech fan come up to me and chastise me about my choice of Tech shirts I have on it would not be pretty and the same with cane act though given his age I would have an usher handle it. This some of the most ridiculous crap I've ever heard of not just from a Tech "fan" but ANY fan base. As most of you who have been around the board for any length of time I am a sidewalk fan for better than 5 decades, I made the choice to root for Tech and have never wavered from that choice but I tell you some of our so called fans could damn sure learn a lesson in manners, humility and how to be a FAN.
I might kid around with you or AugustaJacket about such things, but I would NEVER say anything like that, even in jest, to a total stranger, and certainly not to a kid.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm "afraid" to say which game; but I'll be back to BDS for maybe the 5th or 6th time since graduating nearly 30yrs ago. I get to 1-3 road games a year that are a little closer to home.

You guys have me very excited about sporting a new Navy Ga Tech hoodie. Now I just have to go out & find the perfect one.

I'm "afraid" to say which game; but I'll be back to BDS for maybe the 5th or 6th time since graduating nearly 30yrs ago. I get to 1-3 road games a year that are a little closer to home.

You guys have me very excited about sporting a new Navy Ga Tech hoodie. Now I just have to go out & find the perfect one.
Actually, gold hoodies are the one gold (or yellow) articles of clothing that seem to be widely available. I got one for Christmas last year, and it looks great.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
img_2913-jpg.382

Animal02

Banned
Are you sure it wasn't a Pitt fan?

reubenjet

Jolly Good Fellow
Okay, let me get this straight...Paul Johnson has to go! Unless he goes 7-5 or better this year, he also has to fix the problem with the official school colors (or lack thereof), he needs to not allow old geezers into the stadium especially if they have a cane, he has to make sure everyone is in their seats by KO and convince the fan base that "mediocrity" is as good as your gonna get in The Flats! What did I miss?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Okay, let me get this straight...Paul Johnson has to go! Unless he goes 7-5 or better this year, he also has to fix the problem with the official school colors (or lack thereof), he needs to not allow old geezers into the stadium especially if they have a cane, he has to make sure everyone is in their seats by KO and convince the fan base that "mediocrity" is as good as your gonna get in The Flats! What did I miss?
Something about Stanford, add more majors, self imposed death penalty if we ever lose to a school like Duke, build time machine to go back to 1950s, rehire Dodd, etc