GT FANS

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't mind talking to folks who's opinion differs from mine. I think CPJ will be gone by 2018 but i understand that there are folks here that don't share the same opinion.

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree i enjoy hearing other people's thoughts and opinions but don't get mad or try to call someone or if they are different from mine. Hearing other people's opinions and thoughts can help you see stuff from other views or may even hear things you didn't know but there's a lot of people on here that will call you out or down you if they don't like your opinion. My opinion I think it's time for a change. I'm a huge GT fan but also a realist I believe we finish out this season at maybe 6-6 and I think we have Johnson back next year and if we go 6-6 or less this year and next he's out the door.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree i enjoy hearing other people's thoughts and opinions but don't get mad or try to call someone or if they are different from mine. Hearing other people's opinions and thoughts can help you see stuff from other views or may even hear things you didn't know but there's a lot of people on here that will call you out or down you if they don't like your opinion. My opinion I think it's time for a change. I'm a huge GT fan but also a realist I believe we finish out this season at maybe 6-6 and I think we have Johnson back next year and if we go 6-6 or less this year and next he's out the door.

If paul remains too loyal and doesnt work to improve his staff then I cant support him any longer. Enough is enough with missed assignments and keystone cops moments. Its gone on too long only tempered by 2014. If it wasnt for 2014 I would be saying I am done now. Tired of people saying its the kids or talent. What you see on film has nothing to do with either. Its poor coaching imo in alot of spots. We can do better under paul. We can.

This offseason is pivotal. If no changes again my attitude will shift from Roof/Sewak to all Paul.

As a note. Talent improvements are with every team. But we are not this talent devoid. Simply we are not.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
As another poster has for his signature: the hardest part of being a Tech fan is,having to deal with other tech fans.We are indeed a fractured fan base when it comes to johnson as a head coach. Some of you may remember the same situation when Gailey was head coach. Some of us despised him and wanted him gone, others said he was the best Tech could get.The more things change, the more they stay the same!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We're all tech fans. I see a lot on here where so many people get mad and pissed and talk **** to someone because they don't share the same opinion it's like the damn election

I think this is the way it is with most football fan bases. And it is similar to the election, where people care a lot but can do very little. So they take out their frustration on those with different views.

BTW, if I cared to find out your opinion, I'd ask. (tic) And I do respect your right to be consistently wrong and intentionally stupid. (really really tic)

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
I think this is the way it is with most football fan bases. And it is similar to the election, where people care a lot but can do very little. So they take out their frustration on those with different views.

BTW, if I cared to find out your opinion, I'd ask. (tic) And I do respect your right to be consistently wrong and intentionally stupid. (really really tic)
You're one of. You think all of you're opinions are right and you think you know it all so everyone else is wrong becuse you say so. Hell maybe you should be the new coach

If paul remains too loyal and doesnt work to improve his staff then I cant support him any longer. Enough is enough with missed assignments and keystone cops moments. Its gone on too long only tempered by 2014. If it wasnt for 2014 I would be saying I am done now. Tired of people saying its the kids or talent. What you see on film has nothing to do with either. Its poor coaching imo in alot of spots. We can do better under paul. We can.

This offseason is pivotal. If no changes again my attitude will shift from Roof/Sewak to all Paul.

As a note. Talent improvements are with every team. But we are not this talent devoid. Simply we are not.
SMDH

It's obvious that a lot of the people growing tired of CPJ were not around in the 80s when we had the most miserable seasons in Tech history, with losing streaks to almost every team we played, and going 0-1-1 against Furman. Even last year's 3-9 season didn't compare at all to those miserable seasons, when we not only lost, but we weren't even competitive.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
It's obvious that a lot of the people growing tired of CPJ were not around in the 80s when we had the most miserable seasons in Tech history, with losing streaks to almost every team we played, and going 0-1-1 against Furman. Even last year's 3-9 season didn't compare at all to those miserable seasons, when we not only lost, but we weren't even competitive.
Amen!

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
What's your point? That because we were bad in the 80s that being mediocre 30+ years later should be tolerable? That is such a defeated mentality. Wow.

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
I had my boys at Yellow Jacket Alley yesterday. A man in his late 70s, who I've never spoken to before, came up and asked my 11y/o what Techs school colors are. To my prideful ears he says "white and gold" to which the old man says "then quit wearing navy!". Terrible ambassador for the Institute. My son was wearing a navy underarmor "protect this house" shirt with a GT logo that he'd picked out at the bookstore a few months back. Everyone at his middle school wears Walmart boodawg gear, but he loves this shirt and wears it frequently. GT fans who wish we had a larger fan base, sold more tickets, filled the stadium, etc need to make that change in the mirror before looking to others.

Milwaukee

Banned
I had my boys at Yellow Jacket Alley yesterday. A man in his late 70s, who I've never spoken to before, came up and asked my 11y/o what Techs school colors are. To my prideful ears he says "white and gold" to which the old man says "then quit wearing navy!". Terrible ambassador for the Institute. My son was wearing a navy underarmor "protect this house" shirt with a GT logo that he'd picked out at the bookstore a few months back. Everyone at his middle school wears Walmart boodawg gear, but he loves this shirt and wears it frequently. GT fans who wish we had a larger fan base, sold more tickets, filled the stadium, etc need to make that change in the mirror before looking to others.

Lol that was probably one of the posters here.

I remember winning a National Championship in 1990, so what is ur point? It can be done at Tech. Maybe the Paul detractors do expect more. Is that a bad thing?

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
You're one of. You think all of you're opinions are right and you think you know it all so everyone else is wrong becuse you say so. Hell maybe you should be the new coach

Wow. I can a sure you that Nuke is not that way and think you took his post to heart.

There's one board that labels this board as a "kool aid drinking" board is smiling and laughing with delight at all this back-and-forth with our coaching, team and our own fans. Every team has good and bad fans. This board is better than that.

We won, enjoy it and let's hope we win many more.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Being a fan means different things to everyone. NO ONE is more right (or more wrong) in how they want to be a GT fan. Anyone who questions someone else's allegiance to GT just because they don't believe in the same principles is an f'ing idiot. Yes, a f'ing idiot. One of the dumbest things that gets posted on this message board is someone questioning another poster because their fan beliefs are different than yours. What does that prove? There's always the vocal minority that's upset about the program no matter who the coach is or what the team is doing, and on the flipside, there's the vocal minority who will support the program no matter who the coach is and what the team is doing. Most of us fall in between with various degrees of shading towards one side or another (think a bell curve).

Here's how I feel about GT since I was a student in the early 2000's. Ma Tech demanded the highest degree of excellence of myself every day, and put me through the ringer to get out. I'm much older now than when I first fell in love with GT sports in the early 90's, so my perspective has changed. GT sports is always my first sports entertainment option, but at this point in my life that's exactly what it is. It's just an entertainment option. I no longer live and die by how the football and basketball teams do (lord know how many deaths I would have had with the basketball team had I still lived and died by their results the last 5 years). Since Ma Tech demanded my best during school, now that I'm out of school and GT asks me for money, I now demand their best. It's become simple for me. Do not ask me to do what you're unwilling to do yourself.

I get that certain fans normalize results based on the decade they became fans. Anything GT does looks better than what happened during to the program in the 80's. GT won a national championship, and had the O'Leary years in the 90's (oh, and the 2 year black hole of the Lewis years), and if you're a basketball fan, we also had the Final Four run and the Cremins years during that time. So I had no where to go but downhill when I first became a GT fan. That kind of run for our football and basketball program may be unrealistic in today's environment, but as someone who became a fan of that time, I do think those years are possible more often than not (not the National Championship or Final Four...but consistently a top 25 type program). And because of the demands of myself as a GT student, I now demand the same kind of commitment and performance for my time. Some of you may disagree with that POV, and some may agree, but my point is we all view fandom differently.

Most of us are pretty hard core GT fans. Seriously, you have to be to get on message boards and bash heads with everyone. I think we all want what's good for our program. I think if we all actually met in person, 90% of the stuff we disagree on wouldn't be the big deal we make it out to be on this board. The only difference most of us have is HOW we can get GT to where we all want it. The beautiful thing is, as a GT fan, we all want to see our program do well.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

What jerk that idiot was/is.