GT - Duke Predictions

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Our receiving corps plays with their hair on fire :)
You mean like this...

stock-photo-cartoon-emoticon-face-on-fire-103675679.jpg

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
First of the week I was thinking 35-24 GT...

Then Coach Cut decided to Poke The Bear and must take his punishment, so now I'm thinking 45-20 GT.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
Where are all the boo birds that picked us to lose to VT and Miami. Duke is the defending coastal champs.

I am 5-0 this year on picking the winner.

GT - 45
Duke - 17

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think the defense gets some pressure on their qb this week and gets off the field on 3rd downs. Then JeT runs for 150 and throws for 220. Smelter gets 150 and 2TDs. We win this big 42-17. We beat them last year at their place and we have a better team this year at home, I just don't see what some of you guys see in duke. They're well coached, but we should in theory handle our business.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
OK, it is now Thursday and I am going to scold you for making predictions before this day and effing with a streak. Hold out your wrists while I get my ruler. Whaaaack! Thank you. Trying to keep the stars aligned here..... OK my prediction:

GT once again hogs the clock, but we have about an extra YPP average compared to the UM game, bolstered by a couple huge pass plays where Smelter makes Coach Cut eat his words. For the most part, Dook manages to contain us with their conservative defense. We don't turn the ball over Saturday either, however, and grind out a pedestrian win, with about 9 possessions each. We go 65% on third down, hold them to 40%, and win 33-24.

There you have it: Good Guys (wearing natty blue) 33, PUKE 24 and it isn't that close as the Dookies score with a buck thirty to play.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
OK, it is now Thursday and I am going to scold you for making predictions before this day and effing with a streak. Hold out your wrists while I get my ruler. Whaaaack! Thank you. Trying to keep the stars aligned here..... ...........

Uuuhhhggg, we had the prediction thread starting on Monday before the Miami game. Don't go messing with what works!! That was our best game of the year.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
(...quietly tip-toeing into the thread...)

<whisper>I never post predictions in these weekly threads—can't start now</whisper>

(…dashes for exit…)

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
<whisper>I never post predictions in these weekly threads—can't start now</whisper>

For the same superstitious reasons, I can't NOT post a prediction (but had to wait until late in the week), so here goes:

Tech 45
Duke 28

I don't know what those ESPN bloggers were thinking with their low score prediction - this ain't gonna be a defensive struggle and both teams are going to score. But Tech will score more! We are extra motivated this week.