GT - Duke Predictions

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Given our success last week when I started the prediction thread on Monday, rather than causing a cliffhanger by waiting till Thursday, I thought I'd give it another go.

Last week @OldJacketFan , @awbuzz and @Declinometer were all 6 points off.

This week I've got GT 31, Duke 28. Based on Atomic which has us at 32-28 (I don't see 32 points as a likely total.) http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

Duke's week off will have helped them a lot - assuming the Hoof and Mouth (sic) disease wasn't that bad. Boone got beat up but should be recovered. He should be able to pass on us. 4 TDs is reasonable. Duke has a good FG kicker (7 of 7) and may opt for a few FGs ..... so I almost went with 27 for Duke....

Turnovers should be even - Duke doesn't usually beat themselves and we haven't had many either. But I think both teams have turnovers which keeps the scoring down a bit.

Our offense will get yards and scores. My natural guess would be more points, but we have only averaged 35 a game this year and 27.5 against VT and Miami.

So 31 is about right unless CPJ cranks up the tempo. I expect he could well do that to tire out Duke who doesn't have the depth or overall quality of starters which we have.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree that Duke will score on us. I think, hope and pray we don't have a let down game after two huge wins.

I believe that wins occur on the line of scrimmage and I think we are better there. I'll say 35-27 GT

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope the team and the non-student fans aren't disappointed when the stadium isn't as loud. It's fall break weekend and almost everyone will be gone. I'll still be cheering on the white and gold, though!

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Too early to venture a score for me but I do think Duke is going to be a very tough out-.

I worry that the turnover law of averages is gathering strength.

thwgjacket

Duke has small and young corners. One will be giving up 50lbs to smelter and the other will be giving up over 60lbs to Waller. Might see a lot of rocket tosses and pass plays.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
-Puke D doesn't match up well against our O. CPJ will figure out a way to neutralize Cash if they bring him up like a LB or wolf.
-Boone is not the same player this year as last, IMHO because of the departure of the OC. He has lost a lot of confidence.
-We will have a little hangover from the emotion of the white out and the dukes have been waiting and resting, so it will be closer than it should.....

27-17 White and Gold.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Given our success last week when I started the prediction thread on Monday, rather than causing a cliffhanger by waiting till Thursday, I thought I'd give it another go.

Last week @OldJacketFan , @awbuzz and @Declinometer were all 6 points off.

This week I've got GT 31, Duke 28. Based on Atomic which has us at 32-28 (I don't see 32 points as a likely total.) http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

Duke's week off will have helped them a lot - assuming the Hoof and Mouth (sic) disease wasn't that bad. Boone got beat up but should be recovered. He should be able to pass on us. 4 TDs is reasonable. Duke has a good FG kicker (7 of 7) and may opt for a few FGs ..... so I almost went with 27 for Duke....

Turnovers should be even - Duke doesn't usually beat themselves and we haven't had many either. But I think both teams have turnovers which keeps the scoring down a bit.

Our offense will get yards and scores. My natural guess would be more points, but we have only averaged 35 a game this year and 27.5 against VT and Miami.

So 31 is about right unless CPJ cranks up the tempo. I expect he could well do that to tire out Duke who doesn't have the depth or overall quality of starters which we have.

I saw a good bit of Miami/Duke and all of GT/Miami (live) and we've got Duke "out-athleted" by a good bit. Being at home and on a roll, we should handle them by 10-17 points. 38-21.