GT Bowl Projections

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
My guess is we'll be in the Independence Bowl, playing Kentucky. Just my guess. Miami, Pitt and UNC will get the better bowls.
Miami probably, but I doubt UNC will after they just ended their season 1-2 and Pitt will be a toss up if they get a better bowl, we have a better record on the second half of the season than them.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think we're going to be ACC#8 which would put us in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit vs a B1G team.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think we're going to be ACC#8 which would put us in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit vs a B1G team.
Behind who? Clemson will be in the playoffs so they won't count when figuring the bowls. The only teams I think will for sure be ahead of us are FSU, Louisville, VT, and Miami. UNC ended the season 1-2, and we ended with a better record the second half of the season over Pitt, although they did beat Clemson, so it could be a toss up with them. Plus Louisville VT or FSU will get the orange bowl. So when it gets out of the 4 top bowl games outside of the playoffs. We could be 4th or 5th.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Any way we can play u(sic)ga again?
:D

Also, I think bowl people should consider how much better we travel in a year where we beat u(sic)ga as opposed to when we don't...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Playoffs - Clemson
Orange - Maybe VT now
Russell Athletic - Louisville
Citrus - FSU
Tax Slayer - Miami
Belk - UNC
Pinstripe - Pitt
Sun - GT
Independence - NC State
Military - Wake
Quick Lane - BC

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Behind who? Clemson will be in the playoffs so they won't count when figuring the bowls. The only teams I think will for sure be ahead of us are FSU, Louisville, VT, and Miami. UNC ended the season 1-2, and we ended with a better record the second half of the season over Pitt, although they did beat Clemson, so it could be a toss up with them. Plus Louisville VT or FSU will get the orange bowl. So when it gets out of the 4 top bowl games outside of the playoffs. We could be 4th or 5th.

I didn't take the playoff into consideration.

I don't know how they figure it, but we technically lost to Pitt, UNC, d'oh U and will be behind FSU, LOLvl and CU by record.

Here's the link I looked at:
https://campusinsiders.com/news/acc-bowl-tie-ins-selection-process-11-01-2016/

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
It's not an even ranking between 1st teir Bowls. They take who they want between teams 2-5 of the ACC. I would assume 3-6 with Clemson in the playoffs.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I really hope we can squeeze into the belk bowl and play auburn! I have a lot of family that are auburn fans. Hopefully this could happen since it was an old rivalry.