GT Bowl Projections

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea if this has been posted (and I really don't care):

I want Auburn or Florida. The other two bring nothing as far as national attention if we beat them. Hell I didn't know Arkansas and Kentucky were bowl eligible! Kentuckys schedule and losses are horrible!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to play an SEC team. But keep in mind, those teams aren't exactly power houses, but neither are we. Every one of those teams (including Kentucky) could beat the brakes off us if we play like we did against UNC.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'd love to play an SEC team. But keep in mind, those teams aren't exactly power houses, but neither are we. Every one of those teams (including Kentucky) could beat the brakes off us if we play like we did against UNC.

We should fear no SEC team not named Bama.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I didn't say I'm afraid of them, but I don't think we'll roll over any of those guys.

Well, I bet you didn't think we'd roll over VT ... on the road ... with our backup C ... and our backup QB either did you? :p

I hear you, though.

Out of all those I would want Florida!

Only one I don't want is UK. They're showing some real fight late in the year. All others will have that, "uh, we don't really wanna be here" vibe IMHO.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
I want Auburn or Florida. The other two bring nothing as far as national attention if we beat them. Hell I didn't know Arkansas and Kentucky were bowl eligible! Kentuckys schedule and losses are horrible!
Auburn is going to the Sugar Bowl unless Florida beats Bama somehow. The SEC is unlikely to assign Florida to a game in Jacksonville.

Also safe to say that they would want any of those other ACC teams over us, but they may not have a choice.

Jmonty71

Banned
Here are my bowl predictions. I cannot see the Pinstripe, not taking Pitt. Just too close of a fan base, versus GT.

Just my thoughts... I see Miami grabbing the Gator / Tax Slayer

College Football Playoff semifinal (Fiesta Bowl):
Clemson

Capital One Orange Bowl (vs SEC or Big Ten): Florida State

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl (vs. SEC): Virginia Tech

Russell Athletic Bowl (vs. Big 12): Louisville

TaxSlayer Bowl (vs. SEC): Miami

Belk Bowl (vs. SEC): North Carolina

New Era Pinstripe Bowl (vs. Big Ten): Pittsburgh

Hyundai Sun Bowl (vs. Pac-12): Georgia Tech

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman (vs. American):Wake Forest

Camping World Independence Bowl (vs. SEC): NC State

Quick Lane Bowl (vs. Big Ten): Boston College

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If we were to play UF and beat them, would this make us SEC east champs? :)

ESPN would implode!

They'd retroactively make us an SEC member for the past year to explain our dominance. Of course we'd be relegated back to the ACC for the upcoming season ... unless we do well again then ...

Sun Bowl will not want us. Been there more recently than other options. I have sneaking suspicion pinstripe or Independence.

Why not? By all accounts they enjoyed us a few years ago and said we'd be welcome back. Well, perhaps they said that in a way of telling USC they would not be welcome back?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Auburn is going to the Sugar Bowl unless Florida beats Bama somehow. The SEC is unlikely to assign Florida to a game in Jacksonville.

Also safe to say that they would want any of those other ACC teams over us, but they may not have a choice.
Why would they want any of those other acc teams over us? We have a better record than all but VT for the second half of the season and we beat VT head to head. We are arguably playing as good if not better football than any of those teams.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

X2! Either of those would draw a lot of our fans

Animal02

Banned
Here are my bowl predictions. I cannot see the Pinstripe, not taking Pitt. Just too close of a fan base, versus GT.

Just my thoughts... I see Miami grabbing the Gator / Tax Slayer

College Football Playoff semifinal (Fiesta Bowl):
Clemson

Capital One Orange Bowl (vs SEC or Big Ten): Florida State

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl (vs. SEC): Virginia Tech

Russell Athletic Bowl (vs. Big 12): Louisville

TaxSlayer Bowl (vs. SEC): Miami

Belk Bowl (vs. SEC): North Carolina

New Era Pinstripe Bowl (vs. Big Ten): Pittsburgh

Hyundai Sun Bowl (vs. Pac-12): Georgia Tech

Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman (vs. American):Wake Forest

Camping World Independence Bowl (vs. SEC): NC State

Quick Lane Bowl (vs. Big Ten): Boston College
The big question mark is who the Orange bowl takes az the opponent.....if it is SEC.....then the Citrus goes Big10 / SEC....that moves everyone down a slot and Tech ends up in the Military Bowl. I agree about Pinstripe so it is a bit of a toss up between UM and Tech between the Sun and Tax.