GT @ Auburn

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Now THAT was an 8mpressive and extremely encouraging win. If Hughes and Gibson pitch like that with any consistency, we’ll host a Regional. The solid effort from Bartnicki was a bonus, and even Brake wasn’t too bad.

Kudos when earned both for the pitchers themselves and the coaches for having a plan that made sense and following through with it. I was especially thrilled to see 0 walks from Hughes, AND that Hall left him in for 3 innings. When he has his stuff and his control, dude is great. Hall has sometimes had me scratching my head by pulling guys who went 3 up 3 down after only one inning, but last night he let guys run when they were effective. I also liked when he pulled zBartnicki.

Did I actually say all that out loud? Well, kudos when earned.....

Fire Danny Hall

:)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Like we've been saying all year, as long as we can get a lead to our bullpen, we'll probably win.

Stressful game? LMAO.

We should already be in the top 20

Respectfully disagree. The best our RPI was was 29 before they did this weeks top 25. There are a lot of good teams out there and we hadn't done enough to displace them. We didn't start off strong losing to Q2, Q3 and Q4 teams. Plus we didn't have the rep from last year to start off like UNC who almost won the CWS.

What matters is where we end up. I'll take end of season wins anyay when it comes time to deciding on who's in or hosting.

Yeah a series win this weekend should have us off the bubble and in the conversation to host a regional.

Agree. I think the Coastal winner will probably get a host. It matter little about where we are now if we keep winning series. The problem for the ACC overall concerning hosting is that we were the 4th strongest conference. So it's hard not to give preferential treatment to other conferences to host when other things are close.

Damn I'm glad we're here!!(y)(y)

Deleted member 2897

Stressful game? LMAO.

Respectfully disagree. The best our RPI was was 29 before they did this weeks top 25. There are a lot of good teams out there and we hadn't done enough to displace them. We didn't start off strong losing to Q2, Q3 and Q4 teams. Plus we didn't have the rep from last year to start off like UNC who almost won the CWS.

What matters is where we end up. I'll take end of season wins anyay when it comes time to deciding on who's in or hosting.

Agree. I think the Coastal winner will probably get a host. It matter little about where we are now if we keep winning series. The problem for the ACC overall concerning hosting is that we were the 4th strongest conference. So it's hard not to give preferential treatment to other conferences to host when other things are close.

Damn I'm glad we're here!!(y)(y)

If we close the season strong, I am with you, I don’t think our 1 Q4 loss a long time ago will factor in. I think they’ll see we played tight with UCLA, beat Georgia, beat Auburn, and nearly swept Louisville. Gotta 2-1s the rest of the way as much as humanly possible...which won’t be easy. But we’re on a roll no doubt. A winning record against not just ranked teams but against Top 10 teams is STRONG.

Deleted member 2897

The team is definitely playing better than it did earlier in the season.

That is a good sign. I hope it continues through the rest of the schedule.

If I go back and look at our schedule, there are a lot of games that frustrate me, like our late inning losses when we gave up leads - like Louisville, Miami, Northwestern, Virginia. But honestly, those teams are good enough that I can't complain but so much.

I don't like our 7-1 loss to Richmond. But that's really about it. We are extremely close to having swept Louisville, swept Northwestern, and Virginia. And very nearly won the series against Miami. All late game stuff. We would be 24-5 if we had gotten all that luck. We didn't, and didn't deserve to win those games, but its not like we lost 10-2 or something.

Even though we beat Notre Dame in game 3, I'd say because we had 4 errors (and really deserved a 5th error), I'd say that was a careless game.

But that's 2 games I can find off the top of my head where we just flat out didn't play well.