GT @ Auburn

If you are like me, you will not be able to stream it. My cable subscription doesn't not include SECNetwork... so, I cannot stream it thru any ESPN streaming option.

That sucks man. Not sure if it comes on my regular package or the additional sports package on Comcast, but I do get the sec network on tv. Does that mean I get anything on sec network+ too?

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Comcast has the SEC channel as part of their extended package. Maybe that will allow the SEC channel viewing on the internet ESPN app.

Deleted member 2897

GT currently #29 in RPI. Georgia has fallen all the way down to #24. Auburn currently sits at #4, but their non-conference strength of schedule is #140 (ours is in the 40s). Our non-conference RPIs are about equal. They're 6-3 in the SEC, so our conference records are essentially the same...when you consider the stupid last inning losses we've suffered. The big difference is Auburn is 11-0 against bottom quartile teams (22-6 overall)...meaning if you remove those teams, they are 11-6. We are 6-1 against bottom quartile teams, so we are 13-8 if you remove those teams. 11-6 versus 13-8. They are on a 14 game home win streak (that's big no matter whom you're playing). I think we come out of there with a win and its a massive steal...but I don't think they are light years better than us. Their record is massively padded by playing a ton of terrible teams.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
GT currently #29 in RPI. Georgia has fallen all the way down to #24. Auburn currently sits at #4, but their non-conference strength of schedule is #140 (ours is in the 40s). Our non-conference RPIs are about equal. They're 6-3 in the SEC, so our conference records are essentially the same...when you consider the stupid last inning losses we've suffered. The big difference is Auburn is 11-0 against bottom quartile teams (22-6 overall)...meaning if you remove those teams, they are 11-6. We are 6-1 against bottom quartile teams, so we are 13-8 if you remove those teams. 11-6 versus 13-8. They are on a 14 game home win streak (that's big no matter whom you're playing). I think we come out of there with a win and its a massive steal...but I don't think they are light years better than us. Their record is massively padded by playing a ton of terrible teams.

I think it helps that we have an experienced pitcher in Willingham going. Not sure who they plan to throw.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think it helps that we have an experienced pitcher in Willingham going. Not sure who they plan to throw.
They actually have it as TBA on the website. That can only mean something bad. Either Curry is hurt and they had to move Willingham to the weekend or Willingham is hurt. If either one of those is the case, then Roedig or Chapman should probably start tomorrow.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
They actually have it as TBA on the website. That can only mean something bad. Either Curry is hurt and they had to move Willingham to the weekend or Willingham is hurt. If either one of those is the case, then Roedig or Chapman should probably start tomorrow.

Well, if that's the case, I picked a hell of a week to try to quit drinking...

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
IF it's Curry hurt... what's wrong with still giving Willingham the Tues start. Then the weekend is CT, Hurter, Willingham? Does it really take 6 days for college starters to recover?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
IF it's Curry hurt... what's wrong with still giving Willingham the Tues start. Then the weekend is CT, Hurter, Willingham? Does it really take 6 days for college starters to recover?
I don't think it takes that long, but I would only want him to throw like 50 pitches max.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably want to keep CT and Hurter on same rotation, so they’ll still go Sat and Sun.

I sure hope Curry is okay and if he is missing this weekend, it’s linited to just this weekend. Also, it was very concerning seeing Tristin in obvious discomfort yesterday. I heard he was throwing around 88-89...not close to the 95 he was topping out at the end of last year. That’s not a good sign...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Probably want to keep CT and Hurter on same rotation, so they’ll still go Sat and Sun.

I sure hope Curry is okay and if he is missing this weekend, it’s linited to just this weekend. Also, it was very concerning seeing Tristin in obvious discomfort yesterday. I heard he was throwing around 88-89...not close to the 95 he was topping out at the end of last year. That’s not a good sign...
So, sounds like we are about to have our usual bout of arm injuries. Another season of excuses for Hall.

I don’t want to see anyone get hurt. But it sure seems like we have arm injuries year after year now.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'd probably go with CT Friday, Hurter Sat and X on Sunday. Here's why:
1) Gives X more time to recover. He was at best stiff last Friday and not as sharp.
2) Puts CT on Friday and less probable stress on the bullpen. Nice to have more options on Sat and Sun.
3) If a game is missed due to weather, gives X the weekend off.
4) X is currently our least effective starter. (Love him, but those are the stats.)

I just hope Wiley is calling the game tonight. I'll partially watch and hopefully be able to follow the stats on StatBroadcast while I get some work done.

This game is important as any mid-week game is other than UGAg;) Winning it gets us 81 RPI points and losing it loses us 2 RPI points. So there's a lot of "money" on the table for taking!