GT @ Auburn

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Auburn pitcher Blake Schilleci had an amazing night - I felt he deserved all the praise they were giving him. Sounds like he has a really good story - senior who hasn't pitched a ton throughout his career but has stuck with the team. Pitches 1 inning all season before facing us, then comes in and sits 9 down in a row. Pretty remarkable performance, made some great pitches. Those kinds of stories are why I like college sports so much.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Auburn pitcher Blake Schilleci had an amazing night - I felt he deserved all the praise they were giving him. Sounds like he has a really good story - senior who hasn't pitched a ton throughout his career but has stuck with the team. Pitches 1 inning all season before facing us, then comes in and sits 9 down in a row. Pretty remarkable performance, made some great pitches. Those kinds of stories are why I like college sports so much.
Kid got left in too long. At 40 pitches you could see it coming. Where have we seen that before?

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed, came in and threw 60 pitches just like that. Pretty heavy work for a reliever. I thought they were going to take him out after he had guys on first and second but they let it ride.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Huge win!! Probably the most satisfying all year (besides ugag) with the way that the bullpen pitched. I honestly thought that we had maybe a 10% chance to win this game when Willingham wasn't announced as the starter, but the guys willed themselves to another blowout win.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Disciplined approach at the plate tonight for a team that likes to swing the bat. That's good coaching.

Jackets are on fire! Let's keep it going this weekend vs UNC. A series win may put us in the top 20.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
We should already be in the top 20

Yeah feels like too many pollsters are going off record. UGA is Top 5 with one of the weakest P5 schedules in the country thus far. We’re being penalized for going 1-2 against UCLA. If we were 22-7 right now after sweeping a cupcake instead, we’d probably be #20ish already.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
This was a good win. I’d like to see Hall go CT on Friday, Huerter on Saturday, and X Sunday with extra rest. Willingham could be backup plan for Sunday/long relief option if X goes and struggles. That would allow us to do the “opener” strategy we used today on uGA and keep them from seeing Willingham again. Then regular weekend starters against BC and Willingham against Auburn since they didn’t see him today.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
This was a good win. I’d like to see Hall go CT on Friday, Huerter on Saturday, and X Sunday with extra rest. Willingham could be backup plan for Sunday/long relief option if X goes and struggles. That would allow us to do the “opener” strategy we used today on uGA and keep them from seeing Willingham again. Then regular weekend starters against BC and Willingham against Auburn since they didn’t see him today.
I agree with you bud if Coach Hall wants to start off the NC series win he better start Thomas I want to see him pitch so bad this year! He's from my alma mater

Deleted member 2897

11-2 in our last 13 games?

Was that our 8thvgame against a top 10 team (UCLA, Louisville, Georgia, Auburn), and we’re now 5-3 against the very best in the country?

Hot damn.

I mean, sheeeeee, 8 of the 9 innings Auburn didn’t put up a run.