GT ATL Hats

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Just got this email. Looks like the message has been modified.

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 4.25.38 PM.png

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
If the wording is that big a deal, some of you need help. We're suppose to be smarter than the average mutt fan. It's the same damn thing either way.

If the wording isn't that big of a deal, then why do marketing people make so much money in the business world?

Just listen to the difference:
  • Buy a cheap hat for $200.
  • Donate $200 to support our athletes and program in the current difficult times and we will send you a hat and give you triple priority points.
The hat doesn't really appeal to me, so I wouldn't buy it at $20. I have and will continue to donate to the athletic department. To me, the triple priority points is bigger than the hat. The information for the masks indicates that other Support the Swarm donations will also receive triple points.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
You don't know people's situations. I'm young, I can't afford to drop 200 on a hat for a donation fund. Why get all pissed over this?
Go ask Wendell Carter for the money...being a fellow Pace alum. He'd probably be delighted to do that if you tell him you're going to rat him out. :)

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
If the wording isn't that big of a deal, then why do marketing people make so much money in the business world?

Just listen to the difference:
  • Buy a cheap hat for $200.
  • Donate $200 to support our athletes and program in the current difficult times and we will send you a hat and give you triple priority points.
The hat doesn't really appeal to me, so I wouldn't buy it at $20. I have and will continue to donate to the athletic department. To me, the triple priority points is bigger than the hat. The information for the masks indicates that other Support the Swarm donations will also receive triple points.
I'm familiar with marketing as that was my major at Tech. The details of the deal haven't changed from the start. So if one reads the details from the start, and the changing the wording is what makes it okay, I stand by my statement. From the very beginning they were very clear that all the proceeds went to the support the swarm fund. I would suggest that everyone learn how marketing tries to target you and not allow that to effect your decisions. Get all the facts and make your decision logically off of the facts. Marketing makes a killing off of stupidity. That's why uGA has so many WalMart fans.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'm familiar with marketing as that was my major at Tech. The details of the deal haven't changed from the start. So if one reads the details from the start, and the changing the wording is what makes it okay, I stand by my statement. From the very beginning they were very clear that all the proceeds went to the support the swarm fund. I would suggest that everyone learn how marketing tries to target you and not allow that to effect your decisions. Get all the facts and make your decision logically off of the facts. Marketing makes a killing off of stupidity. That's why uGA has so many WalMart fans.

I don't disagree that if you read the details it is the same. However, how many will read past "buy a hat for $200"? I was not a marketing major, and I pretty much detest marketing. I look over most hype and look for details. I look at specifications to see if the widget I am thinking about buying meets my needs or not. The problem with this instance however is that when I get to a conclusion that this widget isn't for me no more details matter and I stop looking at specs. In this case, the sentence starts with "Support the Swarm by purchasing a limited editition "ATL" Hat. Hats are $200 each..." That is enough for many people to stop reading. If they stop reading, it doesn't matter what the details are. The email message says "Our student-athletes need you now more than ever as we navigate these unique challenges together. Make a donation of $200 today, and you’ll receive a limited edition adidas ATL hat." That message is asking for support.

A lot of marketing is about tricking people. However, I would think that one of the first things you want to do with a marketing message is not repulse people. If people stop listening to your marketing spiel at the very beginning, it doesn't matter how good the rest of the message is.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
What if we already made a donation of greater than that amount? Would have waited to roll my season tickets into a donation if I’d known I’d get the hat thrown in too.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
What if we already made a donation of greater than that amount? Would have waited to roll my season tickets into a donation if I’d known I’d get the hat thrown in too.

My brother got a different email that said he could get one for $50 since he already made a donation.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
You're being real weird about this **** man
Just playing around with you but you opened the box with your initial allegations. Let's take this to a direct message if you want to respond (no one else wants to read this ****) but don't expect a response from me. Like I said, I was just playing around.