GT ATL Hats

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I am explaining at how they cannot do their job properly and how I can do it better. Is it hard to understand? 🤣.

Simply put, I'd almost guarantee I could personally sell 200 at $75 each. Let alone a team selling 1,500-2,250.
Go for it. How much are hats at the bookstore? $25? Go buy 200 and sell them for $75, donating the profit to the GTAA. There’s nothing special about this particular hat, right? That’s what I’m reading from all the comments. It’s a cheap snap back hat. Except it’s the one that GC wore in a press conference and some people said “ooooh I like that hat!”

for that matter, you could just send GTAA $65 since you’ve already expressed willingness to send them $75 for a $10 hat.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Go for it. How much are hats at the bookstore? $25? Go buy 200 and sell them for $75, donating the profit to the GTAA. There’s nothing special about this particular hat, right? That’s what I’m reading from all the comments. It’s a cheap snap back hat. Except it’s the one that GC wore in a press conference and some people said “ooooh I like that hat!”

for that matter, you could just send GTAA $65 since you’ve already expressed willingness to send them $75 for a $10 hat.

You just have to find the right people. I've sold tickets to fundraiser dinners (probably $75-100 value per ticket) for $300. You aren't going to sell these kinds of things to people who say 'I can get that hat for $10 at Walmart', you'll sell them to people who say, 'Neat hat, and GT is a cause that's important to me.' There are a lot of those people out there despite what it looks like on this message board.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer

I've got no issue with using the hat as an incentive for a $200 donation. That's not the issue. The issue is the way GTAA marketed it. The final email solicitation was perfect. The initial tweet was...much less than perfect.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

The idea is it MUST be a one off. And you need the added value of a raffle. Ive stated my conditions. I could sell it if I set it up. No problemo.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
You just have to find the right people. I've sold tickets to fundraiser dinners (probably $75-100 value per ticket) for $300. You aren't going to sell these kinds of things to people who say 'I can get that hat for $10 at Walmart', you'll sell them to people who say, 'Neat hat, and GT is a cause that's important to me.' There are a lot of those people out there despite what it looks like on this message board.
I don’t have a problem with any of these fundraiser efforts. I agree with you. There’s a group of us out here that do exactly what you say. I just find it sad when I hear fans say “I won’t pay X for that, but I would pay Y for it.” The program needs cash right now, much more than we need another hat, right? That’s why I wrote what I wrote. If you’ll pay Y, then send the program a check for Y minus whatever you think the hat is worth. Not really trying to call people out, I know everybody on here supports the program every way they can. It’s just a fundraiser, not a hat sale. I’ve got hats I will probably never wear. But I could use a new mask. And get off my lawn! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don’t have a problem with any of these fundraiser efforts. I agree with you. There’s a group of us out here that do exactly what you say. I just find it sad when I hear fans say “I won’t pay X for that, but I would pay Y for it.” The program needs cash right now, much more than we need another hat, right? That’s why I wrote what I wrote. If you’ll pay Y, then send the program a check for Y minus whatever you think the hat is worth. Not really trying to call people out, I know everybody on here supports the program every way they can. It’s just a fundraiser, not a hat sale. I’ve got hats I will probably never wear. But I could use a new mask. And get off my lawn! :ROFLMAO:
You all are missing the whole point of the criticism. For most, it's about what they said initially. They wised up and reversed course. Good for them. Sell it as a donation with a limited-edition thank you and it's much more appealing to the fanbase. You can say that anyone should be able to read into the true meaning of the sale, but why? Just ask for the $$.