GT at ND Post Game Discussion

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
It’s time for a change. It just is. Haywood is 1-29. Jose, who I love has 5 points. We just have to get more talent and we don’t have one good player coming in 2019. 10 years now. I am such a diehard fan but it’s just not fun anymore and hasn’t been for a while.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Seeing that we didn't even start a separate pregame thread I would like to start it here instead of continuing to add to the Clemson thread.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well this has been gross. Okogie going hurt us but this is just straight ridiculous.

Yeah Pastner needs to get his act together. Hope we can keep Reveno. Frankly would mind seeing him get the job next season. He is the sole high light for me from this staff in 2018/2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
The stats that jump out are that they took 10 more shots and shot 10 more free throws. The shot differential is due to TO and REB. That has been an issue all season.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Defense played well, all things considered.

Turnovers and rebounding continue to kill us.

Actually shot better than ND did for the game. But damn, ND had 11 more shots than we did. Only got this close due to the fouling/free throw parade. Heck, we even made more 3 pointers..

Thankfully we broke the 50 point barrier [emoji853], sad that is even being brought up as a bright spot.
Oh, and Decor made 4 3's [emoji4]

[emoji19][emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think we can give Josh two more years. Maybe one.

Fouling 3 point shooters should be an automatic taken out of the game. Alston has done that so many times I am tired of it.

Jose and Haywood have to score. We can’t best mid majors if they don’t and they continue to not score.

We don’t have any recruits coming in? How is this going to get better?

I need someone to provide me with some Hope here....

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
If we’re not a legit bubble team next year and don’t have top recruits coming in I say we cut the cord. It’s unacceptable to have been this bad for so long

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is that we don't have enough money to buy out Josh after this year nor next. For all I know, we're still paying Hewitt and Brian Gregory.

Very surprised to be honest. At the end of our NIT Finals run season, I never imagined I'd have more hope for our football program than our basketball program 2 short years later.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is that we don't have enough money to buy out Josh after this year nor next. For all I know, we're still paying Hewitt and Brian Gregory.

Very surprised to be honest. At the end of our NIT Finals run season, I never imagined I'd have more hope for our football program than our basketball program 2 short years later.

Gregory is paid off
Hewitt is paid off in April

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
The things that stand out to me are poor shooting, too many turnovers, poor rebounding, fouling 3 point shooters, missed free throws, wrong players taking shots, throwing up prayers instead of kicking out and poor offensive strategy.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Devoe seems to be progressing nicely. Probably our only well rounded basketball player.

The regression of Alvarado and Haywood is very concerning.

Alston looks like he doesn't want to be out there anymore, not sure what gives.

Slojund needs to redshirt next year and take dance classes. If he could move his feet he would be a weapon

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t think we can give Josh two more years. Maybe one.

Fouling 3 point shooters should be an automatic taken out of the game. Alston has done that so many times I am tired of it.

Jose and Haywood have to score. We can’t best mid majors if they don’t and they continue to not score.

We don’t have any recruits coming in? How is this going to get better?

I need someone to provide me with some Hope here....
It doesn’t, and I’m only 99% sure that banks enters the draft after this season.

MISSOURIJACKET

Georgia Tech Fan

Gregory is off the books and Hewitt comes off in 3 months. The issue is Pastner’s contract makes it hard to get rid of him before year 5. Very disappointing recruiting results this year. My only hope is that the young guys develop. Alvarado and Haywood will be juniors, Devoe and Moore will be sophomores. Banks will be back (he just needs to figure out how to stay out of foul trouble) and Sjouland is mostly unknown but had a rep as a shooter. A fool’s hope maybe, but right now it’s all I got.

Deleted member 2897

Field Goal %:
Georgia Tech: 41%
Notre Dame: 33%

3PT %:
Georgia Tech: 30%
Notre Dame: 22%

How many times have we seen stats like these this season? Its ridiculous to put up better stats like this but lose. Reminds me of the Tennessee football game where we had like 2x the offensive stats but lost. This happens way too often. In a sport that is decided by shooting, you shouldn't be able to outshoot so many teams but still lose.