GT and Under Armour

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
From the Offseason thread:

http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...rts-russell-athletic-under-armour-nike-adidas

Georgia Tech’s poor branding damages its recruiting efforts as much as anything
"Back in May, Pick Six Previews surveyed 100 uncommitted sophomore and junior high school football players on their opinions on uniforms. When prompted with “Uniforms have a great impact on my perception of a team,” 72 recruits responded “Moderately True” or “Very True”, while only 11 responded “Very False”. Some other results were:

• When prompted with “A school’s uniform will impact my college decision,” 55 recruits responded with “Moderately False” or “Very False”, while 33 recruits responded with “Moderately True” or “Very True”. (There was also the option to respond with N/A, which in this case included 12 athletes.)
  • The recruits were asked to rate the four major providing brands on how “cool” they were. The averages were: Nike (9.5), Adidas (8.1), Under Armour (7.9), and Russell Athletic (2.9)."

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
???

CpxhuncVMAAvZaR.jpg
As @Supersizethatorder-mutt said - HELL NO!!!!!!!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Well, looks like change is indeed needed.

Totally guessing here, but I would imagine we would get a better deal with UA than Nike. But have no way of knowing.

Would like to see White, Gold, White at home.

Gold, White , Gold on road.

And triple white for special occasions. :)

And , as part of contract, shirts for fans that match the Gold on the unis.

You know, the real problem here is that college football should be play 11 months out of the year!

Well, looks like change is indeed needed.

Totally guessing here, but I would imagine we would get a better deal with UA than Nike. But have no way of knowing.

Would like to see White, Gold, White at home.

Gold, White , Gold on road.

And triple white for special occasions. :)

You know, the real problem here is that college football should be play 11 months out of the year!
YES !!!!!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
From the Offseason thread:

"Back in May, Pick Six Previews surveyed 100 uncommitted sophomore and junior high school football players on their opinions on uniforms. When prompted with “Uniforms have a great impact on my perception of a team,” 72 recruits responded “Moderately True” or “Very True”, while only 11 responded “Very False”. Some other results were:

• When prompted with “A school’s uniform will impact my college decision,” 55 recruits responded with “Moderately False” or “Very False”, while 33 recruits responded with “Moderately True” or “Very True”. (There was also the option to respond with N/A, which in this case included 12 athletes.)
  • The recruits were asked to rate the four major providing brands on how “cool” they were. The averages were: Nike (9.5), Adidas (8.1), Under Armour (7.9), and Russell Athletic (2.9)."

The FTRS article you linked to has an ad on the bottom of the page for Russell Athletic.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
from what I am hearing, UA is the clear leader in the clubhouse. They are offering some big $$$

Where are you hearing this from? In a previous post just a few weeks ago you stated:

BigDaddyBuzz said:
MBob has already met with reps from Nike and UA. These were initial meetings and each brand will be coming back in the spring to give a final presentation on apparel, uniforms, shoes, etc... they will also be presenting initial contract offers.

So UA already came back with a contract offer?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Where are you hearing this from? In a previous post just a few weeks ago you stated:

So UA already came back with a contract offer?

No contract talks yet but UA has been offering crazy money to it's new schools it has signed recently. The buzz is that we feel UA will offer the best package but definitely not a done deal yet.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
from what I am hearing, UA is the clear leader in the clubhouse. They are offering some big $$$

As Neil Diamond sang - "Money talks, but it don't sing and dance and it don't walk..."
Assuming that if it can't dance or walk, I would also assume it doesn't play sports very well. BUT it sure helps make it easier to get coaches and pay expenses for those that can play. So, let's follow the $$$'s regardless of the logo.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like that look for them...its what I first saw them wear and wore for the longest time. Traditional.

Funny comment under the tweet tho..."Why? Did they lose a bet?":ROFLMAO:

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
No contract talks yet but UA has been offering crazy money to it's new schools it has signed recently. The buzz is that we feel UA will offer the best package but definitely not a done deal yet.
Any idea if they'd offer enough money for us to buy out the end of the Russell contract?