GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Trivia question - which GT student athlete turned down a first round draft offer to return to GT?

Nice win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If I recall correctly it was a combination of not wanting to play for the Mariners and the amount of their offer.

Similar to my unreliable memory.

But back to WBB and what made me think about this originally; it just shows that as long as you have enough eligibility, it can really pay off to stay and develop your talent. One has to weigh the risk of injury with the potential increased payoff.

Is WBB like MBB where you can get drafted anytime after the first year?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Say what you want about Pastner, and there are many opinions, but that dude really loves GT and supports our programs. LOVE this from Pastner:

Also, good tidbit in there. During the transition between Joseph and Fortner, there was no coach available to workout the women's team. Pastner volunteered to do it to help our ladies get work in. There's some emotional interest for him attached to the women's success.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

What really stands out to me in that video is how EVERYONE is positive and supports each teammate. I'm not sure I heard a negative word that whole practice...just constructive support. That is really cool. Also, if anyone notices, they have guys practice with them. I know UConn does that as well.