GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Losing Fletcher to me, was crushing. She just did it all. Although, it’s better to get the surgery since she has told Coach that it really affects her turns, jumps and speed. Guarding Spear would have been her assignment, but LeLe Love did an incredible job while guarding her. Her offensive game has come on big for us, such as the 16 points tonight. Diggie is filling some of that void, too!

When the Louisville/UConn. game came on the air, they mentioned unranked GT defeating Gino, like it was a fluke. I guess the shoutout to our defense was an offset to the “upset surprise“ remark. CBA and Coach Micki did a nice job coaching the team.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I have watched some of Nicole's videos'. She is a phenom, she is one of those rare athletes that simply has a killer instinct. I like the above comparison to Kobe, because that is exactly what I thought of as I watched her play.

I hope she ends up at GT, as I think we would go a long way in the tourney with her, but I think we are going to have to fight off some stiff competition between now and the day she sets foot on campus.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have watched some of Nicole's videos'. She is a phenom, she is one of those rare athletes that simply has a killer instinct. I like the above comparison to Kobe, because that is exactly what I thought of as I watched her play.

I hope she ends up at GT, as I think we would go a long way in the tourney with her, but I think we are going to have to fight off some stiff competition between now and the day she sets foot on campus.
She tweets about GT frequently and loves Nell. I hope your fears are unwarranted.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Just to unrest some of our restlessness, she had every right to withdraw her commitment to Purdue. They have had some severe problems with the former staff. She wants to be with our coaches and you can‘t find a better school for her major.

Keep winning, they will come!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Georgia Tech is now #1 in the nation in scoring defense giving up a paltry 45.0 ppg. 2nd to Tech is Central Florida at 48.2 just 0.1 ahead of the ACC's Louisville at 48.3

The Lady J's are also #1 in the nation in Defensive Field Goal Percentage, allowing just 31.1% from the field. The Jackets are 22nd in the nation in 3-pt FG percentage allowed at 24.1%

Tech is tied for 29th in the nation in blocked shots per game at 5.1.

Tech is 21st in the nation in rebound margin per game at +10.3.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia Tech is now #1 in the nation in scoring defense giving up a paltry 45.0 ppg. 2nd to Tech is Central Florida at 48.2 just 0.1 ahead of the ACC's Louisville at 48.3

The Lady J's are also #1 in the nation in Defensive Field Goal Percentage, allowing just 31.1% from the field. The Jackets are 22nd in the nation in 3-pt FG percentage allowed at 24.1%

Tech is tied for 29th in the nation in blocked shots per game at 5.1.

Tech is 21st in the nation in rebound margin per game at +10.3.
While nobody wanted to see us lose Fletcher or McQueen there may be a silver lining here particularly with regard to replacing McQueen in the lineup. It forced us to go with a much. bigger lineup with both Love and Strautmane starting and playing more minutes. It gives us much more size at the 2 and 3 positions at 6'1" and 6'2". Eylia turns out to be a much better on the ball defender than McQueen and has assumed Fletcher's role of guarding the top scorer on the other team. Her size gave Spear fits last night. Digna gives us a third "big" to grab whatever rebounds Cubaj and Hermosa don't get. Basically with Lahtinen playing the point we now have strong rebounders at all five positions which is why we have nation leading stats on the defensive end. We miss Fletcher's ability to create her own shots and clutch shooting at the end of the game, but I couldn't't be happier how we have compensated. And credit to Coach Nell for recognizing the benefit of going with this lineup. Most coaches would have simply gone with backup point guards and two guards.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
GT gave up 21 of the 49 points in the fourth quarter when we benched the starters for the most part. They hit 8 out of 10 FG’s. Most we’ve scored this season is the 78(as @HurricaneJacket mentioned)from today. Most we have given up in a game since 21-22 began? Auburn with 59.

Coach Nell should be back next Thursday. Two negative tests 24 hours apart?

Really nice to see Lo with five assists & zero TO’s again today. I can’t think of a Post w/ a better handle. She has the best ratio in the ACC for assists to TO’s. The ones immediately below her are PG’s. The inside game keeps blocking shots w/out fouling.