GT & ACC WBB 2021-2022

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
This article reviews teams ranked 11-20. Is there a link to the top ten? Or are they doing it in reverse order?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This was the early one from April…

Baylor
No. 2, 6'1/F Sammie Wagner
Big 12
——————————————-
Georgia Tech
No. 15, 5'8/G Nicole Melious
ACC
——————————————-
UCLA
No. 20, 5'7/G Jada Williams
Pac-12
———————————————
Iowa State
No. 46, 5'7/G Arianna Jackson
Big 12
———————————————
Arkansas
No. 70, 5'7/G Maryn Archer
SEC

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
With regard to the bigs, we need Nicole to take a trip to Winchedon, NY (wherever that is) and do a little recruiting for us! I assume we are after Vasconelos since she is from GA? And maybe Byrd since she is in FL?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
With regard to the bigs, we need Nicole to take a trip to Winchedon, NY (wherever that is) and do a little recruiting for us! I assume we are after Vasconelos since she is from GA? And maybe Byrd since she is in FL?
Neither of those two.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ogden we wanted. She committed to Stanford.

Byrd is Texas or UConn.

Essence Cody, 6’3” 2023, Valdosta, Ga. is being recruited by Coach Butts for GT. She has also established a relationship with Coach Blue. Ugha Athens Correctional Facility., Alabama, Myd., seem to be on her the hardest after GT & KSU. FBC United AAU Team.

We are not in on Del Rosario. She’s 6’6” , does post up or did when she played in Township, NJ on film. What I’ve noticed more of w/ her Tenn. Team, is wanting to play out on the perimeter as a “Big Guard.” She spent her early youth in the D.R. Teams involved are: Az., Fla., Ga. Myd., Louisville, UNCheat, Oregon, Miami, SC, WVa., Texas A&M, Texas. English is not her primary. Taking ESL classes. 3.8 GPA. Yes, another 2023.

Because Lety V. has only been at Montverde a month, GT is in the evaluation stage, no offer yet. Our WBB coaches are very active at that school. My source told me last week, that Sherill Baker offered her for Uga-ly. Makes sense to me because they just signed Janiah Barker from that Florida Academy. I believe Tech got Michael Devoe from there, if memory serves? Another, 2023 Post. Over the Summer she played mainly with her back to the basket on offense. Can hit the occasional outside shot. It will be interesting to see how she further develops over the next two seasons. PrepGirlsHoops has her #1 in their class. The explanation was, you can’t manufacture 6’7.”

Mallory Collier went up to Bartlett, Tenn. to play this year. Top 10 finalists are: Ala., Lake Tigers of Clem., LSU, Memphis, Ole Missy, Vandy, Rutgers Jersey not affiliated w/Durham Campus, WVa., UNCheat, NC St. She is a true 6’5” and an absolute post player with a total inside game. 2023.

Keep hoping Courtney Ogden will change her mind. She’s been committed to Stanford since 2019. The new staff hardly had a chance. I watched her play at Westminster. She’s going to be a star in two years for them. 2023 and has grown from 5’11 to 6’2” just in the last 20 months. Silky smooth with an advanced game. Basketball I.Q. is super high. Can do it all. Much like Kara Dunn athletically. I know PGH had her in their top 15. FBC United AAU.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A team GT just defeated was B.U. They have a Junior who is from The Lovett School, Sydney Johnson. I don’t want to say too much, other than you might see her as a Grad. Trf. returning home….
https://goterriers.com/news/2021/11...lifts-terriers-past-bc-in-69-65-thriller.aspx

AWARDS
• All-Patriot League Second Team (2021)
• All-Patriot League Tournament Team (2021)
• Patriot League All-Rookie Team (2020)

AS A SOPHOMORE IN 2020-21
All-Patriot League Second Team ... All-Patriot League Tournament Team ... Started in 14 of 15 games ... Recorded 18 points, two rebounds, three assists and three steals vs. Holy Cross (Jan. 4) ... Tallied 13 points, two rebounds, two assists and three steals at Colgate (Jan. 9) ... Tabbed 12 points, five rebounds, two steals and one assist at Lafayette (Feb. 7) ... Scored 10 points and added three rebounds, two assists and two steals vs. Army (Feb. 13) ... Registered 10 points, four rebounds, two assists and four steals vs. Holy Cross (Feb. 17) ... Recorded 12 points, two rebounds and seven assists at Holy Cross (Feb. 20) ... Tallied 19 points, seven rebounds and nine assists vs. Lafayette (March 7) ... Scored a career-high 23 points and added three rebounds and four assists vs. American (March 11) ... Recorded 16 points, four rebounds and three assists vs. Lehigh (March 14).

AS A FRESHMAN IN 2019-20
Patriot League All-Rookie Team ... Started in 25 of 30 games ... Scored 21 points and handed out four assists against Marist (Nov. 8) ... Recorded 11 points and seven rebounds at New Hampshire (Nov. 12) ... Scored 12 points at Maine (Nov. 17) ... Registered eight points, four steals and three assists at UC Davis (Dec. 5) ... Posted 19 points at Cal (Dec. 7) ... Scored 16 points and added seven rebounds against Loyola (Jan. 15) ... Scored 18 points versus Colgate (Jan. 18) ... Tallied 13 points, seven rebounds and three assists against Holy Cross (Jan. 25) ... Recorded 10 points and seven assists at American (Feb. 22) ... Scored 12 points and grabbed five rebounds against Army (March 4).

BEFORE BOSTON UNIVERSITY
2019 Region AAA North GACA Player of the Year, Class AAA First Team All-State, McDonalds All-American nominee ... Selected to the Georgia All-Star Game, which features the top players from classes 1A-7A across the state ... Guided The Lovett School to the regional championship as a senior and finished as the school's all-time leading scorer.

PERSONAL
Born on Jan. 25, 2001 ... Parents are Ratonya and Erica Johnson ... Enrolled in the College of Arts and Sciences.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Ogden we wanted. She committed to Stanford.

Byrd is Texas or UConn.

Essence Cody, 6’3” 2023, Valdosta, Ga. is being recruited by Coach Butts for GT. She has also established a relationship with Coach Blue. Ugha Athens Correctional Facility., Alabama, Myd., seem to be on her the hardest after GT & KSU. FBC United AAU Team.

We are not in on Del Rosario. She’s 6’6” , does post up or did when she played in Township, NJ on film. What I’ve noticed more of w/ her Tenn. Team, is wanting to play out on the perimeter as a “Big Guard.” She spent her early youth in the D.R. Teams involved are: Az., Fla., Ga. Myd., Louisville, UNCheat, Oregon, Miami, SC, WVa., Texas A&M, Texas. English is not her primary. Taking ESL classes. 3.8 GPA. Yes, another 2023.

Because Lety V. has only been at Montverde a month, GT is in the evaluation stage, no offer yet. Our WBB coaches are very active at that school. My source told me last week, that Sherill Baker offered her for Uga-ly. Makes sense to me because they just signed Janiah Barker from that Florida Academy. I believe Tech got Michael Devoe from there, if memory serves? Another, 2023 Post. Over the Summer she played mainly with her back to the basket on offense. Can hit the occasional outside shot. It will be interesting to see how she further develops over the next two seasons. PrepGirlsHoops has her #1 in their class. The explanation was, you can’t manufacture 6’7.”

Mallory Collier went up to Bartlett, Tenn. to play this year. Top 10 finalists are: Ala., Lake Tigers of Clem., LSU, Memphis, Ole Missy, Vandy, Rutgers Jersey not affiliated w/Durham Campus, WVa., UNCheat, NC St. She is a true 6’5” and an absolute post player with a total inside game. 2023.

Keep hoping Courtney Ogden will change her mind. She’s been committed to Stanford since 2019. The new staff hardly had a chance. I watched her play at Westminster. She’s going to be a star in two years for them. 2023 and has grown from 5’11 to 6’2” just in the last 20 months. Silky smooth with an advanced game. Basketball I.Q. is super high. Can do it all. Much like Kara Dunn athletically. I know PGH had her in their top 15. FBC United AAU.

Maybe a couple of calls from Mariana and Julia from our volleyball team could help or for that matter Coach Collier. Use that Brazilian pipeline for both sports!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If she transfers as a grad, does she get to keep the COVID bonus year?
That’s a great question. I’m not sure. My guess would be, yes. Mainly because this is her third year playing, and a SA gets five if they were part of 2020. Another thought is if she graduates after Spring semester, doesn’t she potentially get 2 years at GT? a Sr. year + that Sr. Coronageddon year?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Maybe a couple of calls from Mariana and Julia from our volleyball team could help or for that matter Coach Collier. Use that Brazilian pipeline for both sports!
I love the way you thought that out my friend. Would like to think some of the phone calls allowed in recruiting would come from those three people into Lety V’s home unit.

Another thought I’ve pondered…..I know Julia can’t play two sports, not only because they intersect, but she would count against hoops in the schollie world at GT. I’d like to see her play for Coach Nell from December forward.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I love the way you thought that out my friend. Would like to think some of the phone calls allowed in recruiting would come from those three people into Lety V’s home unit.

Another thought I’ve pondered…..I know Julia can’t play two sports, not only because they intersect, but she would count against hoops in the schollie world at GT. I’d like to see her play for Coach Nell from December forward.
I have no idea if she has ever picked up a basketball before but with her athleticism I would bet against her being a quick learner. With her height she really just needs to learn to shoot layups (just kidding there is a lot more to the game than that). I don't know what professional volleyball pays, but I'm guessing basketball would be a better revenue stream for her. Hell, I'd like to see if Mariana could dunk with her hops. It's fun to wonder what if.