GT 45-UVA 17 #GTvsUVA postgame

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Singleton's speed is unreal. He just accelerated away from both defenders on that TD catch
I realize it isn't Olympic speed, but there are very few college football players who were able to run a 10.2 100m in high school. Singleton has elite speed. A lot of times when people are able to run that fast, they can only run i a straight line. Singleton is able to cut very well to have that kind of speed.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I realize it isn't Olympic speed, but there are very few college football players who were able to run a 10.2 100m in high school. Singleton has elite speed. A lot of times when people are able to run that fast, they can only run i a straight line. Singleton is able to cut very well to have that kind of speed.

What's just as impressive for me about Singleton is his ball skills. He's not a tall WR, but he's beating DBs that are bigger in the air and catching the ball cleanly with his hands. In terms of physically catching the ball, the UVA game was probably the worst I've seen him...which is saying something when he went 5 catches-80 yds- 1 TD.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Singleton's speed is unreal. He just accelerated away from both defenders on that TD catch
He is very fast. Reminds me a little of Derrick Stegall who was much bigger but had some wheels or the smaller track like guy that was a favorite target of Joe Hamilton...not Dez White and not Kerry Watkins, this guy was faster than either of them. Damn it, I cannot remember his name but he had some fantastic games for Tech playing for Ralph who knew how to use him

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He is very fast. Reminds me a little of Derrick Stegall who was much bigger but had some wheels or the smaller track like guy that was a favorite target of Joe Hamilton...not Dez White and not Kerry Watkins, this guy was faster than either of them. Damn it, I cannot remember his name but he had some fantastic games for Tech playing for Ralph who knew how to use him
Kelly Campbell?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Oh, if we played Mississippi again we might beat them. You don’t have to agree.

But here’s the question. Which of those 3 teams can beat uga?
Missouri almost beat them. The other two could as well. No we would lose to Mississippi again. Our defense simply can’t handle a good offense.

UVA is not a good comparison. They played with a not ready for action QB. That matters. Dart is a very good QB. Ole Miss runs the ball very well. GT’s defense is simply bad.

Hard to win games scoring 40 points. Defense needs to get much better.

I am really happy with how much better this years offense is than the past several years. Remarkable improvement. Kudos to the players and coaches. Really hard to go from bottom 10 to top 25 in one offseason.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Oh, if we played Mississippi again we might beat them. You don’t have to agree.

But here’s the question. Which of those 3 teams can beat uga?
None of them but I would not crown UGA national champions just yet. I do not think they are as good as the previous two champions but they are an excellent team to be sure.