GT 45-UVA 17 #GTvsUVA postgame

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I would be ecstatic if Ole Miss won.

In your mind how far would uga drop in the polls? The other question is how far should they drop?

The way the pollsters answer the question will tell us a lot about what think of uga’s SEC competition this year.
They would probably be ahead of FSU and Washington. Ole Miss would probably be there also.
If fair, they should drop out of the top ten. I can hear them now. Best one loss team in the country.

slugboy

Staff member
That was SEC fans in a bar that had been drinking too much their entire miserable lives to the point of destroying what few brain cells that were still working. SEC fans of teams that faced the triple option did not want any part of it afterwards. Kentucky fans were complaining after that bowl game that the fullback dive was getting 4 yards every time. The only SEC teams that I saw completely stop the Flex bone were UGA several times and LSU due to physical superiority. Vanderbilt had a really great linebacker one year that I thought would give us trouble but Coach Johnson schemed around him. Mississippi State was helpless against it both times they faced it. Even Tennessee was baffled by it for much of the game we had with them.
The Tennessee game was a good reminder of the balance the offense could have—an inverted bone with two combo RBs/slot receivers that has a run and shoot passing tree. We threw a decent amount in that game, and the a backs could be deadly receivers.

But, if the dive gets 4 yards, then you run it until it doesn’t.

I would be ecstatic if Ole Miss won.

In your mind how far would uga drop in the polls? The other question is how far should they drop?

The way the pollsters answer the question will tell us a lot about what think of uga’s SEC competition this year.

I don’t see it happening, but I think they’d drop below Bama and maybe Ole Miss. How do you rate them the top SEC team with a head to head loss to another 1 loss SEC team?

It’s a November loss, and those hit hard.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
"Some fans like XY hip hop. Some fans like XZ hip hop. Fans of those different styles of hip hop dislike each other. XY fans say the phrase "red popsicle" and they immediately understand it signifies hate for XZ."

Wow! lol

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Further, I think that what people didn't like was that their SEC friends in the bar would dismiss the entire offense as "that high school triple option" offense and they had a short man complex about it.
I'd replace man with something else. Short men fight a lot.

Back to UVA post-game discussion, we don’t win that game without the 1-2
punch of Jamal and Dontae. Not sure where this tandem ranks nationally, but has to be Top 5. Having these 2 guys rotating opens up a lot for our offense.

Glad we finally figured it out.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd replace man with something else. Short men fight a lot.

Back to UVA post-game discussion, we don’t win that game without the 1-2
punch of Jamal and Dontae. Not sure where this tandem ranks nationally, but has to be Top 5. Having these 2 guys rotating opens up a lot for our offense.

Glad we finally figured it out.
I kept thinking of Laskey-Days when I saw the two of them out there trading opportunities to gash the UVA defense. I love it when we have a good 1-2 punch on the RB front.