GT 45-UVA 17 #GTvsUVA postgame

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, EVERYONE runs options in college football. If you watched Bama-LSU you heard the announcer point out the triple option plays both teams ran. To dislike option football is nothing short of stupid.
I believe we ran one as well. Bunched all the players together and were going to the right. It was a pick up fox 7-8 by King if I recall correctly.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Last night I went to campus and welcomed the team back. I was the only one there, but I got a lot of daps, high fives, and fist bumps! A few of the players actually recognized me from my instagram page which was awesome. The coaches were exhausted and looked at me like “who tf is this kid” although I did get a fist bump from Key.

So proud of this team! Let’s beat Clemson!
Two thumbs up!

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Loved the showing yesterday. So nice to be on the winning side of a blowout for once. Run game has blown up with Dontae back and the o line is coming on strong. Haynes King is a gamer and had another great game

Only nitpicking I have is kennard has a terrible habit of grabbing high on players. It feels like he's had a facemask in every game. Even when he doesn't get a facemask he is still grabbing shoulder pads. I hope that can be corrected.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Loved the showing yesterday. So nice to be on the winning side of a blowout for once. Run game has blown up with Dontae back and the o line is coming on strong. Haynes King is a gamer and had another great game

Only nitpicking I have is kennard has a terrible habit of grabbing high on players. It feels like he's had a facemask in every game. Even when he doesn't get a facemask he is still grabbing shoulder pads. I hope that can be corrected.
Since we are nitpicking, why do we throw The wide receiver screen? Seems like we lose two yards every time.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Since we are nitpicking, why do we throw The wide receiver screen? Seems like we lose two yards every time.
Forgot about that one. I feel like we need to scrap that one. Above average defenses will identify that and pick that off to the house. Clemson and UGA come to mind

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Did we watch different UNC games? We screened them to death. I agree it wasn’t very effective yesterday though.
Did we watch different UNC games? We screened them to death. I agree it wasn’t very effective yesterday though.
I think the key is adjust to what is working and not run ineffective plays over and over. On 4th quarter, we ran a lot on 1st down and made very few yards. BUT we were way ahead and obviously running clock

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
"It was good to come up here to Charlottesville, a place that has historically been difficult for us to win" Brother, has it ever. Only two wins in the past 20 or so years in the House of Horrors aka Hooville. The curse is lifted. Give the man a raise for that blessing if none other.
A deeper dive into the record book reveals that since 1999, (I know the Curse predates that but that was as far back as I was willing to go) the Cavaliers have been dominant on their turf. 10 wins compared to 3 losses. Some of the losses bordered upon mythological, supernatural forces at work. To wit we lost to UVA in 2005 pretty badly and the very next week just wore out undefeated and 3rd ranked Miami practically running them out of their own stadium. 2009 Tech won at Charlottesville and it was so nice to beat a team from the Old Dominion we did it twice beating #4 ranked Virginia Tech in Atlanta. Most years both teams with a few exceptions were pretty mediocre. However, I would offer a caveat that when the bone was churning, as it did several times in Coach Johnson's career, UVA had no answer for it.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Depends, sets up other plays.
Haynes has stated a couple of times that our strategy is to go wide to make the defense run sideline-to-sideline and wear themselves out. This makes some sense in terms of trying to improve our performance in the second half, although it may not be effective early. We've done better in the last two games in the second half, so something is helping.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Forgot about that one. I feel like we need to scrap that one. Above average defenses will identify that and pick that off to the house. Clemson and UGA come to mind
I was watching several games and it SEEMS that wide receiver screens are a trend in college football these days. I don't think they work that often but can be effective against the right team I suppose.