GT 45-UVA 17 #GTvsUVA postgame

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm beginning to have as much anticipation for Dec/Jan as I am the rest of our season. Have to believe players are going to see the potential for this team and championships and hopefully the administration has done their money lineups, have heard they have done so - hope my info is reliable. The turn arounds can be quick these days, TN did it.
Yes, this team is so close to being something special that the energy is palpable. After failing year after year to give CPJ the support he needed to get to the next level, this administration seems different and fully committed.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'm beginning to have as much anticipation for Dec/Jan as I am the rest of our season. Have to believe players are going to see the potential for this team and championships and hopefully the administration has done their money lineups, have heard they have done so - hope my info is reliable. The turn arounds can be quick these days, TN did it.
We all need to help, sign up for a monthly NIL donation!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Everyone should be increasing their donations, we are finally headed in the right direction.

Techfiend

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes, this team is so close to being something special that the energy is palpable. After failing year after year to give CPJ the support he needed to get to the next level, this administration seems different and fully committed.
Well, it IS a new president and AD from when CPJ, and even TFG were here. Loving what CBK has brought to the team given where we were.

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes this was a blowout of an ACC opponent. An opponent that gave Miami all they could handle and beat UNC. But what makes this even more impressive is the fact we did it IN Charlottesville. I was at the game. Talk about a low energy arena. And it's been like that when I've been here for our last 4 losses. No energy even when winning. UVA athletics deserve better.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
"We run a lot of option elements. Shout out to Coach Johnson - the things he was able to do here for so long."

So good to see CBK embrace CPJ for what he did for Tech football. I don't know why, but I feel like CPJ was so undervalued by so many as a GT HBC. It just is good to hear CBK honor the man.
Honestly, EVERYONE runs options in college football. If you watched Bama-LSU you heard the announcer point out the triple option plays both teams ran. To dislike option football is nothing short of stupid.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Key post game
“To have a win like we did last week, and then to come out and prepare, to have the right mindset and put the work in this week to put us in a position to come out here today and have a good team win, I thought was important,” Tech coach Brent Key said. “I thought it was important that we were able to put one game behind us, prepare the way you’re supposed to prepare, but also have the mindset the right way to be able to play for four quarters. And I thought that’s what the guys did.”
Here’s where we’re going to give Key, offensive coordinator Buster Faulkner and quarterback Haynes King credit: The offense is a blast.

Tech doesn’t boast the talent of Georgia, Ohio State or Washington. Yet this crew of transfers and unrecognized names has become one of the ACC’s better units. How can that be considered anything other than a resounding success in Key’s first full season?

The Jackets have scored 30 or more points five times. They’ve reached 40 three times. They haven’t been held to less than 23. The games they’ve lost can be pinned on turnovers and shoddy defense (and the offense failing to be spectacular, which is required for this team to defeat non-Cristobal programs).

The Jackets have produced at least 417 total yards in seven of nine games. Yet they’ve outgained their opponent in only four contests, which speaks to their defensive shortcomings. They’re 3-1 when outgaining their opponent. Notably, the Jackets were the second-best ACC team on third downs entering the day and went 8-of-15 in such situations Saturday.

All this is to say: Tech goes as its offense goes. The unit isn’t anywhere near perfect, but the staff and players should be commended for how it’s performed.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I can’t give Tech a pass for that Bowling Green debacle. It was inexcusable. But I also won’t let it overshadow a season that’s showed legitimate promise for a program that previously was stuck in mud. Key has the Jackets trending toward not only competence but being a fun product. That’s fun for the fans to watch. That’s fun for recruits who are considering Tech.

Frankly, if you’re going to be middling, it’s much more exciting to do it with a high-powered offense rather than turn every game into a defensive snooze. This offense is why Tech owns a winning record this late in the season for the first time since Paul Johnson’s final game.

“It was important that we were able to put one game behind us (North Carolina) and prepare the way you’re supposed to prepare, but also have the mindset, the right way to be able to play for four quarters,” Key said.

Georgia Tech 45, Virginia 17

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This team still is hard to figure. A pessimist might call the Yellow Jackets mediocre, considering the context of their wins and losses. An optimist might label them average, maybe even above since they’re 4-2 in conference play. Either way, it’s an improvement over the cringe-inducing previous era. One assumes this isn’t the best a Key team will look, which should leave Tech faithful hopeful.

The Jackets’ remaining schedule: at Clemson, versus Syracuse, versus Georgia. The middle game feels most winnable – the Braves still had a week remaining in the regular season the last time Syracuse won – though this also isn’t Clemson of yesteryear. Next weekend should be a good gauge for where Tech is.

“We can’t settle for just two in a row,” said running back Jamal Haynes, who had 119 rushing yards Saturday. “We have to be hungry and go into next week ready to work and, honestly, go 3-0.”

This feels like a 6-6 team, so the bet here is Tech reaches bowl eligibility. Big picture: Unless the next three weeks go really, really poorly, this offense should attract more talent. The defense has a long way to go, but a little more patience is afforded when the offense has made such progress. Overall, it’s encouraging that the Jackets have established a strength, one that’s an easy sell to players and fans.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Last night I went to campus and welcomed the team back. I was the only one there, but I got a lot of daps, high fives, and fist bumps! A few of the players actually recognized me from my instagram page which was awesome. The coaches were exhausted and looked at me like “who tf is this kid” although I did get a fist bump from Key.

So proud of this team! Let’s beat Clemson!

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Man if he hadn’t led Leonard too much, he’s still running. I’m very happy with Buster’s system and play calling.
Speaking of…one of my fav things about having a Top 15 offense…we never see Buster. It’s like he’s some mythical being. Until a couple days ago when he did some bit with Andy, I don’t think we’ve seen him since preseason. He doesn’t do press, he’s not on the sideline, they don’t show him in the box…he’s a ghost! Boo-ster Faulkner? Sorry that was bad.