GT 45-UVA 17 #GTvsUVA postgame

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Win , win,... could we go to Jacksonville?
Never mind.

Lets be realistic
It’s actually fairly simple. FSU has already locked their trip. UL is ahead of us. They need to lose 2 and only have 2 left. They win 1 more and we’re out due to tie breakers. Maybe there’s a scenario for a 3 or 4 way tie where we get in but that’s a stretch

slugboy

Staff member
game-wp-401525542.jpg.png

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That BG game is still haunting me. This team was a tough running game and average defense away from being 7-2 right now
7-2? Who is the second theoretical loss? GT was up by 15 against Louisville at half time. GT was up 6 on BC going into the 4th. GT had chances to be 6-0 in the ACC right now. Too many mistakes in the Louisville and BC games. Too many mistakes and letting the foot off the gas in the BG game. However, could-have-been doesn't count for anything.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I knew we would win when I saw we were the point spread underdog on the CW. Underdog has covered every week but 1 I believe

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
My youngest son made me laugh when he said the camera technique reminded him somehow of the Blair Witch project. He was right. I could pass on it.
It would be a very good camera for coaches to have a different angle on plays to see thing they can't see with the normal cameras. For a spectator watching, they are nauseating.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
This year we can definitely still lose to anybody, but the difference between this year and years past is that we actually can legitimately beat anybody also. I don’t really expect us to beat Clemson or UGA just based on talent differential alone, but I do expect us to be competitive and in the game late in the 4Q. Especially against Clemson. I just hope we take care of business against Syracuse regardless of the other 2 outcomes. A bowl game would do wonders for the outlook of this program, and if we do manage to beat Clemson a 7 win year is way better than 6. Let’s just go ahead and beat UGA and win the Duke’s Mayo Bowl and finish with 9 wins 😎

(But seriously…. Please god let’s beat Syracuse)

I just picked out the parts I liked..... ;)

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It’s actually fairly simple. FSU has already locked their trip. UL is ahead of us. They need to lose 2 and only have 2 left. They win 1 more and we’re out due to tie breakers. Maybe there’s a scenario for a 3 or 4 way tie where we get in but that’s a stretch
That would be Charlotte instead of Jacksonville. To get to Charlotte, Louisville would have to lose two, or Louisville lose 1 and UNC win out. Of course GT would also have to win the next two games.

gtg021x

Georgia Tech Fan
I was on kid duty this afternoon so wasn't able to watch as closely as I'd like. What turned around our rush defense?

The first drive after their backup came in looked like they dominated the line of scrimmage.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
It would be a very good camera for coaches to have a different angle on plays to see thing they can't see with the normal cameras. For a spectator watching, they are nauseating.
I agree with the nauseating….
But is the ref cam fair game for review footage?
Seriously, at some point they are going to have so many camera angles a that every review will take 15 minutes. Should there be a rule on specific camera (number and location) angles that are allowed for review?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
When was the last time we could say we dominated? Like actually?
Before today’s game we had only won 4 games against FBS opponents (7 total) by more than 1 score:
2020 Louisville
2020 Duke
2021 Kennesaw State
2021 UNC
2022 Western Carolina
2023 SC State
2023 Wake Forest

Add 2023 Virginia to the list. First time we’ve won 2 FBS games by more than 1 possession since 2020.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I agree with the nauseating….
But is the ref cam fair game for review footage?
Seriously, at some point they are going to have so many camera angles a that every review will take 15 minutes. Should there be a rule on specific camera (number and location) angles that are allowed for review?
I don't know what is available for review, but the number of views shouldn't be a factor in the time to review. They can put multiple cameras on one screen and watch them synchronized. The people that do that are very good. Think about the TV broadcasts, they have replays up very quickly, and multiple camera angles up very quickly. More cameras might actually make the reviews go more quickly if they can actually see something definitive.

However, I was talking about the coaches reviewing plays after the game, not about in game referee reviews.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Because Bally sports is a piece of steaming sh*t, I had to listen to the game on XM. I had the virginia broadcast. Man them guys were sick as we marched it down their thoats (yes, thoats) for the last 3 qtrs.

During plays, the analyst just kept saying, guys, make a tackle!" He was uuupset! Here's a clip of his expert breakdown of the 3rd qtr...

Oh Come On GIF

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Because Bally sports is a piece of steaming sh*t, I had to listen to the game on XM. I had the virginia broadcast. Man them guys were sick as we marched it down their thoats (yes, thoats) for the last 3 qtrs.

During plays, the analyst just kept saying, guys, make a tackle!" He was uuupset! Here's a clip of his expert breakdown of the 3rd qtr...

Oh Come On GIF

I was at my sons State Finals Cross Country meet. Listened via the GT app. Man were our guys getting more and more excited as the game went on.

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what is available for review, but the number of views shouldn't be a factor in the time to review. They can put multiple cameras on one screen and watch them synchronized. The people that do that are very good. Think about the TV broadcasts, they have replays up very quickly, and multiple camera angles up very quickly. More cameras might actually make the reviews go more quickly if they can actually see something definitive.

However, I was talking about the coaches reviewing plays after the game, not about in game referee reviews.
Yes… I know. Hijack attempt foiled.

Good point on having a definitive angle actually speeding things up. But there’s a point of diminishing return. Also interesting that the bigger the telecast, the more camera angles… not all games can be reviewed consistently…. Not that it has ever been about consistency or fairness, but standardization would help to achieve that.

Then again, it was the CW that brought us “ref cam” so its not like its cutting edge tech limited to major network broadcasts.

Not sure if I’ve conveyed anything coherent in all of that. Good luck taking up a contradictory position here… I’m having quite a bit of fun contradicting myself. :LOL:

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
That would be Charlotte instead of Jacksonville. To get to Charlotte, Louisville would have to lose two, or Louisville lose 1 and UNC win out. Of course GT would also have to win the next two games.

So in a three way tie between Louisville, UNC and us, we would go?