GT 45-UVA 17 #GTvsUVA postgame

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Spring Break Vacation GIF by South Park
So nice to see everyone getting along today...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Finally played a complete game. Woot woot!

GO JACKETS!!

YELLOW!!
Funny how doing little things like blocking and tackling lead to success. UVA had finally run out of gas and the injury to the first string quarterback did not help. Tech was ready to play and it showed in the physicality on both sides of the ball. Over 500 yards total offense again and most of the damage was done on the ground. Watching Haynes King closely, he does not appear to be the kind of "running quarterback" we have had in the past Marshall, Thomas or Nesbitt but he just has a knack for making a guy miss and he is faster than people give him credit for. He keeps getting better at running that option play and reading the defense along with much improved blocking by the line. The curse of Hooville is lifted and the Jackets are poised to become bowl eligible.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
One more note: UVA’s starting QB (Muskett) and their starting RB looked like they’d tear us up today. We knocked both of them out of the game, and the lead just compounded after that
I think Muskett and the running back would have kept it closer but this was our day. The big plays just kept coming. For the second week in a row (I think) we had over 500 yards total offense. Hard to win a game when that is combined with three turnovers for the Cavaliers. It has been a tough season for them but they did manage to beat UNC and gave Miami all they wanted. Plus, they should beat arch rival Virginia Tech based on what little I have seen of both teams.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
not being able to see the whole did we do anything different on defense today?
Sure. See that guy with the ball? Tackle his *** and don't let him get away. That and pressure on the quarterback plus three turnovers. UVA is not equipped to come back from being down multiple scores which makes things easier. Kennard was in the backfield a good bit. Douse made a couple of hustle plays that impressed me as well. Tackling by defensive backs continue to improve.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
How bout dem Yellow Jackets baby? Get after the QB and good things will happen! How sweet it is lol
In this day of wide open shotgun offenses, it has come down to these three essentials:
1) Pressure the quarterback
2) Open field tackling with little if any yards after the catch
3) Create turnovers

As you said, "Get after the QB and good things will happen!" It is the college football world we live in.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Muskett threw two passes and one rush and on the season has very similarly mediocre stats to the freshman, I don’t think he made a difference today.
The difference after the defense got their wheels under them could be seen between Colandrea’s first drive and his later ones, not just before that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Muskett threw two passes and one rush and on the season has very similarly mediocre stats to the freshman, I don’t think he made a difference today.
The difference after the defense got their wheels under them could be seen between Colandrea’s first drive and his later ones, not just before that.
You are probably right but that is a tough situation for a freshman to step into. His last interception was a bad one. He stared down the receiver crossing over the middle and the safety read his eyes and made an easy interception.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Moving Jamal to RB was a brainstorm. I hope Moving DJ to defense turns out just as well.
CK has the offense and kicking game clicking and the defense is better just gotta get a little better on gettin off the field on 3rd downs. Ga Tech is a dangerous team to play and they have been all year. This teams fights to the end and that’s a reflection on the head coach! We gotta pretty good football team.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
You are probably right but that is a tough situation for a freshman to step into. His last interception was a bad one. He stared down the receiver crossing over the middle and the safety read his eyes and made an easy interception.
Whoever that was coming across in front of the reciever would have intercepted it had King not gotten it first.