GT (-34) vs. The Citadel

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Towson is a top-10 FCS squad, not some Alcorn State/MEAC bottom-dweller of the FCS -- so yes, that 300 yards was worth something .

Tech's offense hasn't yet shown enough yet to reasonably count on a ton of points against much of anyone, including a competitive FCS opponent such as The Citadel. Given that The Citadel managed a 10-10 tie at halftime with Alabama last year (before the Tide woke up and rolled), I doubt they'll be awed by Tech. Until Tech proves otherwise, Tech has no business overlooking any opponent.

I wish I hadn't been correct. But hey, at least I have the consolation of having had the proper instincts for the game. (Citadel got 300 yards rushing vs Towson to start the season.)

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
When I pointed out last week that Tech had no business overlooking The Citadel, until Tech proved itself capable of scoring much, well . . .

poster name redacted said:
Well Elon must be a real juggernaut cause they held the Citadel to 156 yards rushing this past Saturday. This isn't Army or Navy rolling in to play. Does the possibility exist that they could come in to Atlanta and beat Tech? Sure. Is it more likely that they get blown out? Absolutely.