GT (-34) vs. The Citadel

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Surprised at the line myself. Would be nice to see us easily cruise through a game.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I won’t but I’d take Citadel +34. Wake -3.5. Penn St-17. Duke-6. Clemson-27 UVA-7.5.

Do you think North Carolina isn't as good as they have shown to start or is Wake pretty good? Haven't seen either play yet

Nixon_Corral

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't ever bet against Tech. Enough said.
I generally don't bet on sports, but if I did, I always thought it would make sense to bet against Tech. If we lose/fail to cover, I get a little rebate for my trouble. If we win, I won't be too worried about the lost money.

But again, I've only made one sports bet in my life (for Tech, as it happens), so I guess it's moot.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Citadel has lost to Towson and Elon the first 2 weeks. We will win easily but I'm not sure I'd touch the spread on this one, especially if the QB roulette wheel is spinning like crazy on the sidelines.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Don't they run the TO ?, if so it's "even the playing field offense" opposite hand. I would predict they have two scores, say 14 points and with a ball control offense, so that would mean we'd need to score 49 to cover ??
I'm not sure our current offense is up to 7 TD's ...

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We are going to be tough to predict all season. If we were to come out with a conservative game plan and just out-athlete them, we may cover it. If we commit to working on some stuff for the future, maybe not.

I will say that, as tough as we are to predict, Vegas hasn't been far off in the first 2...

Last edited:

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
It's funny in the preseason I was worried that we would have trouble with Virginia, Miami, VT and the rest of the ACC games would be wins. Now I'm thinking we could beat all 3 of them and instead will lose to Pitt, UNC, and Duke.