GT (-34) vs. The Citadel

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
They decided to schedule a non-conference series because they weren’t playing each other frequently enough as rotating cross division opponents. So while they are obviously both in the ACC, the game is outside the eight scheduled conference games for each team.
I would prefer this be how we preserve our rivalry with Clemson. Remove all ACC cross rivals and let teams schedule them as OOC if they want to keep the games.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Back to original topic. To cover 34, we are going to need to realistically score over 3 ppd. Our average drives last year was right around 12. Since we will be playing a spread option team, I assume we can expect similar. If they aren’t able to move the ball well maybe we get up to 14 drive range.

My hope is we keep them under 10 points, meaning I expect we need 41-45 to cover. At 14 drives that means we need from 2.9 to 3.2 to cover. I think it’s possible, but I would bet against this personally. Also, any reduction in the number of drives makes it much more difficult to cover. I assume we win handily, but only by 3-4 tds.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
As has been said, to clarify:
1) the game is on ACCN EXTRA not ACCN.

2) that means that, like such games last year, it may be on a local channel or a Fox Sports channel

3) otherwise it's available to people who get the ACCN streaming at espn3.com or the ESPN app

4) for those with Sling Orange +Sports extra, you can watch it within Sling but not on ESPN app for some reason having to do with Sling

slugboy

Staff member
We’ve been talking about the O line injuries. Good to hear something nice:
@ksugiuraajc: Former Jacket DT Kyle Cerge-Henderson on practicing against Georgia Tech walk-on center William Lay: “You’re not going to take that practice off, you’re not going to take that play off. Will’s a baller.”
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...eam-possibly-starting/8SJazNA5DnqdaFoboP5jcL/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk