GT (-34) vs. The Citadel

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Towson is a top-10 FCS squad, not some Alcorn State/MEAC bottom-dweller of the FCS -- so yes, that 300 yards was worth something .

Tech's offense hasn't yet shown enough yet to reasonably count on a ton of points against much of anyone, including a competitive FCS opponent such as The Citadel. Given that The Citadel managed a 10-10 tie at halftime with Alabama last year (before the Tide woke up and rolled), I doubt they'll be awed by Tech. Until Tech proves otherwise, Tech has no business overlooking any opponent.
Well Elon must be a real juggernaut cause they held the Citadel to 156 yards rushing this past Saturday. This isn't Army or Navy rolling in to play. Does the possibility exist that they could come in to Atlanta and beat Tech? Sure. Is it more likely that they get blown out? Absolutely.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tech is currently a 34 point favorite over The Citadel.

Track line movements here: http://www.vegasinsider.com/college.../[email protected]/date/09-14-19

Other ACC spreads of note:
  • North Carolina @ Wake Forest (-3.5)... scheduled as a non-conference game
  • Pittsburgh @ Penn State (-17)
  • Duke (-6) @ MTSU
  • Clemson (-27) @ Syracuse
  • Florida State @ Virginia (-7.5)

I obviously missed the memo, but how can UNC v Wake be non-conference? Traditional rivalry and they have a full complement of ACC games already?

It's not on the ACCN where I live, I get the Furman at VT game. It says the GT game is on the ACCNX which is some extra thing the ACC offers if you have a subscription to the ACCN.

Sling has ACCN and ACCNx. Still only $25 a month.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I obviously missed the memo, but how can UNC v Wake be non-conference? Traditional rivalry and they have a full complement of ACC games already?

Sling has ACCN and ACCNx. Still only $25 a month.
They decided to schedule a non-conference series because they weren’t playing each other frequently enough as rotating cross division opponents. So while they are obviously both in the ACC, the game is outside the eight scheduled conference games for each team.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
They decided to schedule a non-conference series because they weren’t playing each other frequently enough as rotating cross division opponents. So while they are obviously both in the ACC, the game is outside the eight scheduled conference games for each team.
Do they count for their Conference wins in determining who goes to the CG? If so, that's kinda un-even.

Anyway, I'm betting we play a certain red-shirt QB if we get up by 21 or more late. He gets four games, right?

Jmonty71

Banned

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
GT wins. But, not by 34. The offense is a bit too inept to score that many.
Agree. We still make waaaay too many unforced errors on offense. Our D should be able to recognize the TO when they see it, but I do not expect the "gifts" from Citadel like we got from USF. Unfortunately , despite the difference in talent we will NOT cover 34. We will win by about 1/2 ( 17 ) that, IMO. BTW, I predicted Tech 13, USF 10 last week.....just sayin';)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
How hot will it be at the game?
th

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think we will win convincingly.

Graham will scramble for big gains on runs and passes.

For an FCS team our tackling defense and our punter who is able to flip the field or pin a team deep is deadly.

I think we will see our "cowboy(?? Name) 8 safety /db defense could be used more frequently.

We get untracked on ground game.

Proof of good defense will be next week at Temple( they pass)