GT (+17) vs Georgia #GTvsUGA

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
whiskey, do you watch them...or is this speculation based on perception/rankings/etc. i just don't see that they have beaten a quality opponent this year. Of course, I could be wrong as i don't watch them or anyone not wearing white& gold (& blue sometimes!;))

I’ve watched a bit. Portions of several games but certainly not every snap.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think uga is as good as they were last season.
The bad news is they’re still the second best team we’ve played, and the first best curb stomped us(and everyone else when not playing a walk-on QB)
Their offense vs our D is bad at every one on one matchup and Fromm is the best QB we’ve seen since Lawrence. Their D is very good, but lacking that Roquan Smith type player, isn’t great.

It will take a great game by all three phases. We could use another one of those muffed punts. Death march ending in TDs is our way to victory, and hope to bog them down on D and shorten the game.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Other ACC spreads:
  • Virginia (-4) @ Virginia Tech
  • Pittsburgh @ Miami (-5.5)
  • Wake Forest @ Duke (-12.5)
  • NC State (-6) @ North Carolina
  • Kentucky (-18.5) @ Louisville
  • South Carolina @ Clemson (-25.5)
  • Florida (-3) @ Florida State
Syracuse @ Boston College is TBD pending medical info on QB Dungey.

Bowl implications everywhere.
Take Kentucky. Thats a lock to cover.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Listening to some of the college football talk on satellite radio this morning driving home, they talked a lot about our game. And they sounded like we've got a chance, especially since what do we well is what Georgia has had the most trouble with defensively
We were thinking 14-15 points underdogs. Also pegged Clemson and Bama closer to 17 point favorites. We also see ND as 20 point favorites over USCw.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
9b836de4051b6f30f5c899b073e90582.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
  • Virginia 26-21 over Virginia Tech
  • Miami 24-20 over Pitt
  • Duke 17-10 over Wake Forest
  • NC State 49-31 over North Carolina
  • Kentucky 42-10 over Loserville
  • Clemson 42-17 over South Carolina
  • Florida 38-21 over Florida State
  • Boston College 24-21 over Syracuse
  • Georgia Tech 30-28 over Georgia
I am really worried about Fromm- we can't seem to defend the pass unless we press and send extra safeties.

Our lb are getting better but the rb for ga and the tight end will be hard to cover.

This could get out of hand early.

Mike , I hope u are right

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Listening to some of the college football talk on satellite radio this morning driving home, they talked a lot about our game. And they sounded like we've got a chance, especially since what do we well is what Georgia has had the most trouble with defensively
We were thinking 14-15 points underdogs. Also pegged Clemson and Bama closer to 17 point favorites. We also see ND as 20 point favorites over USCw.
Everything I’ve seem from non Tech fans is acknowledging “tech is on fire right now”

They aren’t picking apart everyplay and mistake and “miracle bounce” of why we should have lost all the games.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Our chance against UGA will be exactly what LSU beat them with. Running the ball. That is UGAs weakness. UGA is ok in pass D. Deandre Baker is a lock down corner but the other CB’s are young and are prone to mistakes. Their MLB is out and on crutches, Monty Rice. Still he is young and inexperienced. A lot of their defense is. We have to exploit their youth and lack of experience particularly against our scheme. We have to put the onus on their offense. Grind the clock and win TOP. Force them to get uncomfortable running the ball for fear of lack of possessions. Chaney will abandon the run if we are able to run well. He is known for this and he showed it against LSU.

If we attempt more than 5 passes, it’s not a great sign for the good guys.

NorthGeorgiaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
We can beat these guys.
We’re better than we were last year, we’re better than we were against Clemson, IMO.
My expectations certainly aren’t high, but we absolutely CAN win this game.

THWG.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I think we cover, but I think it's never really close. They go up 21-0 quick. Our defense finds a way to adjust and make some short fields for the offense. Probably finishes 35- 21.
I sound like a downer, but it seems very logical. An improvement over last year.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
For some reason we didn't try to establish the B-Back against UVA. IMO that is going to be a must do against the Mutts. They have a very good defense and it will be hard to get much on the perimeter without getting at least 125 yard up the middle. They don't have Roquan Smith who was an outstanding Middle Linebacker. Therefore, we need to grind out yards in the GCG gaps. If we can get yardage up the middle we have a shot. LSU ran on them on we need to follow that example.

We need to limit their offensive possessions and press them into at least one turnover. GT has some momentum winning a tough game and coming from behind and that should boost our chances.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
OTOH, I no longer watch college FB outside of our games. Do you believe that this year's version of Uga is on par with Clemson? I ask this because they seem to have beaten the same middle of the road type teams that we have beaten without the losses to Duke, Uva and Pitt that we suffered through. Do they have a quzaity win on their resume? I ask this in all honesty (and ignorance as well).

Teams with overall talent superiority and with quality running AND passing games are tough to find and tough to beat.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Even though the odds were against me every time I stepped in the batter's box, probably similar odds for TECH to win this game, I still believed I was going to get a hit and was never surprised (well almost never) when it happened.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we’ll score on them some. Maybe a lot if CPJ can get one of his scheme tweaks working that they just can’t seem to adjust to. We might need Wells to make a big kick or 2, but we’re probably not going to win if we can’t score TDs.

Stopping them on offense will be key. I hope we go after them aggressively and bring pressure from all over the field. We need some turnovers. Maybe CNW has a few tricks up his sleeve that aren’t on film yet. I’m fairly certain if we play too conservatively they’ll play pitch and catch all day with some big runs mixed in. It’s game 12. Time for coach Woody’s defense to make name for itself!

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
The best scenario would be for us to beat UGAg and then UGAg to beat Alabama in the SECCG.

No SEC teams go to playoffs?

I doubt it. SEC is 6-2 OOC against P5 teams, and Clemson is the only surefire loss I see. Going 9-3 (8-4 if tech pulls the upset) says that the conference is heads and tails above everyone else.

ACC is Clemson or bust. Very realistic chance this happens
Big10 is Michigan or bust. Ohio state has a good shot at winning with how dirty Indiana played last week, and they already beat NW once on the road. Pretty good chance they win.
Big12 needs OU to beat 2 top 10 teams to make them competitive, and they already lost to one of them. Low shot
Wazzu is dealing with a weak year for the Pac12. Beating Washington and Utah is feasible
Notre dame is basically guaranteed in at this point with the downfall of USC this year
Bans is currently a vegas favorite of 10 points of every single team in the country. I really doubt they lose to uGA especially if they lose to us. I also think a 1 loss Alabama team makes the playoff unless they get the absolute crap knocked out of them. Remember, their QB has only played in the 4th Q once, to a Miss St team that is having a historically good defensive season. We haven't seen Bama at 80% Effort yet

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I doubt it. SEC is 6-2 OOC against P5 teams, and Clemson is the only surefire loss I see. Going 9-3 (8-4 if tech pulls the upset) says that the conference is heads and tails above everyone else.

ACC is Clemson or bust. Very realistic chance this happens
Big10 is Michigan or bust. Ohio state has a good shot at winning with how dirty Indiana played last week, and they already beat NW once on the road. Pretty good chance they win.
Big12 needs OU to beat 2 top 10 teams to make them competitive, and they already lost to one of them. Low shot
Wazzu is dealing with a weak year for the Pac12. Beating Washington and Utah is feasible
Notre dame is basically guaranteed in at this point with the downfall of USC this year
Bans is currently a vegas favorite of 10 points of every single team in the country. I really doubt they lose to uGA especially if they lose to us. I also think a 1 loss Alabama team makes the playoff unless they get the absolute crap knocked out of them. Remember, their QB has only played in the 4th Q once, to a Miss St team that is having a historically good defensive season. We haven't seen Bama at 80% Effort yet

SEC will lose 4 to the ACC this weekend.