GT (+11) vs. Georgia

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I admire your courage but question your judgement. OTOH three touchdowns is a lot to give an arch rival in any rivalry game be it COFH, UNC / Duke, Carolina / Clemson, the Iron Bowl, Ole Miss / State and any number of others. I just question this team's heart, resolve, and willingness to lay it all on the line.
Man that's brutal. Might not win but I definitely don't question the team's heart.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Man that's brutal. Might not win but I definitely don't question the team's heart.

Did you see the fourth quarter of the Duke game? If you did, then you understand the reasoning. We will see Saturday if they can pull themselves back together. At this point it is a question of pride and character.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I am not an actual betting man. But if I was, I would take Tech and the points. I don't see an outright win, though :-( It's just been that kind of year.......

okiemon

Helluva Engineer

I don’t question their heart either, but if you are outmanned and out-coached it’s hard to keep it up through 4 quarters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Did you see the fourth quarter of the Duke game? If you did, then you understand the reasoning. We will see Saturday if they can pull themselves back together. At this point it is a question of pride and character.

On paper, there is no way GT should win. However, we are a better team than our record reflects and I don’t think UGA is as good as their record and ranking reflect. Games got away from us at the end and even though we had a really tough schedule we should probably be sitting at 8-2 right now. Another thing is that UGA’s good record is propped up by their weaker schedule.

I saw the Duke game and I saw what you saw in the fourth quarter. For the first time this year, the team looked mentally defeated. It looked as if they had suffered one too many disappointments this season. They have...by their own doing in some cases and some really bad luck in other cases. Anyway, this is a rivalry game and I fully expect that we will come out swinging. The outcome of the game will depend on if we can score early, maintain momentum, and respond when UGAly makes a big play (and they will).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
11 points? WTH? We just missed the spread by 30 points last week. And we're going to be playing a team this week whose only loss all season was to another Top 10 team. Meanwhile, we lose to terrible teams like Duke and Virginia. I would have guessed a line like +24. Seriously.

We play to the level of our competition. The same team that got blasted by Duke in the second half went down to Miami for a prime time game and only lost because of a series of fluke events (Benson - tough as nails - gets hurt, monsoon rolling in, then 4th down deflection catch). Undefeated #2 Miami, who just beat the ever loving crap out of UGAs best win. I think we come out playing our best game of the year and shock the world.
Also, we are SOOOO much better at home this year. We got this.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We play to the level of our competition. The same team that got blasted by Duke in the second half went down to Miami for a prime time game and only lost because of a series of fluke events (Benson - tough as nails - gets hurt, monsoon rolling in, then 4th down deflection catch). Undefeated #2 Miami, who just beat the ever loving crap out of UGAs best win. I think we come out playing our best game of the year and shock the world.
If GT pulls the upset how do you think ESPN will frame it? Do you think they will say GT played a great game and pulled the upset or do you think they will talk all day about how UGAG choked and be asking if Kirby Smart is in trouble? I think ESPN and the other sources of sports news will say UGAG choked and they will be asking if Kirby Smart is going to be on the hotseat in 2018.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Lol. We’ve made Chubb look like a UDFA. The UGAs of the world don’t hurt us as much. It’s teams that stretch us thin and make us cover the entire field like Clemson, UNC of old, and Duke that gives us problems by exploiting our lack of athleticism and speed at LB/DB. We are bipolar and wouldn’t surprise me if this high scoring shootout (they have been horrible vs. the option). Pray that Kirby leaves Swift on the bench and not get him involved in the passing game.

Again, it will come down to ST

Their special teams are a lot better than ours overall. We have to play like our hair is on fire...especially on and because of ST.

Last edited:

alagold

Helluva Engineer
On paper, there is no way GT should win. However, we are a better team than our record reflects and I don’t think UGA is as good as their record and ranking reflect. Games got away from us at the end and even though we had a really tough schedule we should probably be sitting at 8-2 right now. Another thing is that UGA’s good record is propped up by their weaker schedule.

I saw the Duke game and I saw what you saw in the fourth quarter. For the first time this year, the team looked mentally defeated. It looked as if they had suffered one too many disappointments this season. They have...by their own doing in some cases and some really bad luck in other cases. Anyway, this is a rivalry game and I fully expect that we will come out swinging. The outcome of the game will depend on if we can score early, maintain momentum, and respond when UGAly makes a big play (and they will).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get it.We should have been on an UPPER after beating vt ,not down.NO excuse for being flat.but--It was like getting beat by uva in '15 after beating fsu!
Only pride willkeep things close here.

Deleted member 2897

That spread was like an early Christmas present to anybody who took it. No way -11.5 made any sense at all.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
That spread was like an early Christmas present to anybody who took it. No way -11.5 made any sense at all.
Vegas goes off of how a team has done vs the spread over the season, which we have been great at going back to the unc game last year, as well our previous match ups with them. So +11.5 was actually pretty high.