GT (+11) vs. Georgia

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think our guys re-focus, and make a damm good showing this Saturday. Do we win? I don't know, but I think there's a LOT of guys on our team who are embarrassed by what happened against Duke, and they want to redeem themselves in front of our home fans.

UGA doesn't have a high powered, unique scheme offense. They're a smash mouth, run based offense that attacks you north and south. Fromm will be a VERY good QB down the road, but right now he's a freshmen that's been exposed a bit. I think our defense can limit their effectiveness.

Our offense needs to do their job, and play the way they're capable of. If we can get to 30 points, I think we win.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If we don't put 8 or 9 in the box mix up some blitz package's it could get bad. Fromm will not be the one who beats us. Can we win, yes , can we get beat bad, yes. It's up to the players and coaches all we can do is show up and by loud and don't sell your tickets to anyone but Tech people.

Deleted member 2897

11 points? WTH? We just missed the spread by 30 points last week. And we're going to be playing a team this week whose only loss all season was to another Top 10 team. Meanwhile, we lose to terrible teams like Duke and Virginia. I would have guessed a line like +24. Seriously.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If they stack the box and lock up our WR's to stop the long passes like Duke, we will really struggle and UGA has better athletes. We have no intermediate passing game. Our A backs have disappeared. Very one dimensional now.

Not to inflate Duke, but they had something that we have always struggled with, a running QB. Remember VT with that big QB that they ran at us. Dukes' QB is about 6'4'' and 235 lbs. He ran through us Saturday. Now Fromm, he runs every now and then just to keep teams honest. Defense, load the box and stop the running back, put our best cover guy on Wimms, and watch the gadget plays to that #7 Swift. That is what Auburn did.

Now on offense, my fear is that TaQuon cannot make the read on the TO, thus less A back runs. We need to gash them through the middle, run behind Shamire. And then work the outsides.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
11 points? WTH? We just missed the spread by 30 points last week. And we're going to be playing a team this week whose only loss all season was to another Top 10 team. Meanwhile, we lose to terrible teams like Duke and Virginia. I would have guessed a line like +24. Seriously.
We are also 8-2 on the year ATS and undefeated at home. That being said, thought that UGA would be favored by 2 TD's or so...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Lol. We’ve made Chubb look like a UDFA. The UGAs of the world don’t hurt us as much. It’s teams that stretch us thin and make us cover the entire field like Clemson, UNC of old, and Duke that gives us problems by exploiting our lack of athleticism and speed at LB/DB. We are bipolar and wouldn’t surprise me if this high scoring shootout (they have been horrible vs. the option). Pray that Kirby leaves Swift on the bench and not get him involved in the passing game.

Again, it will come down to ST
Man, I was all-in. Until I read that last sentence.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I am honestly perplexed. Serious question... did the Duke game by itself damage folks' confidence in GT this year? Or was that your stance regardless of the Duke result?

We've been an average team all year, and we put together a clunker on Saturday where effectively our offense put together 1 good half, as they have done pretty much most of the year, and the defense had their a**** handed to them against a Duke team that has done that to them even in our good years of 2014 and 2016. It looked just like Wake Forest, except for 2 halves, not just the first. And we didn't get killed on ST for once.

We just beat VT at home. No signs of coaches "losing the team" or players not taking things seriously. So, the crazy doom and gloom posts here feel like an overreaction beyond what I would have expected. Maybe folks are just mentally preparing themselves with low expectations so they can't get their feelings hurt on Saturday.

If I'm being completely honest, in light of the negativity here for this coming game and with how many are "surprised" by how low the spread is, this is starting to feel like a Vegas sucker bet to go in on Georgia. The fact that "common" wisdom is that we're completely down even among the GT faithful (sic) is actually raising my hopes.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
'Cuse, good question ... as a over the top loyal GT guy I want to say no, but because of the schizophrenia (i looked up the sp) I'd have to say yes.
If we have the talent to play the #2 team in the nation down to the wire and beat the #16 team outright ... how in the world do we get blown-out by a bad Duke team that has lost 6 in-a-row and just lost to Army ????
I understand this has been our mantra for more than a few years ... but it doesn't make it easier to figure out ?
I agree I think the spread is low, but that goes back to Vegas probably also realizes our schizophrenia.
And, as for this game with UGAG, yes I think we could pull out a shocker ...

'Cuse, good question ... as a over the top loyal GT guy I want to say no, but because of the schizophrenia (i looked up the sp) I'd have to say yes.
If we have the talent to play the #2 team in the nation down to the wire and beat the #16 team outright ... how in the world do we get blown-out by a bad Duke team that has lost 6 in-a-row and just lost to Army ????
I understand this has been our mantra for more than a few years ... but it doesn't make it easier to figure out ?
I agree I think the spread is low, but that goes back to Vegas probably also realizes our schizophrenia.
And, as for this game with UGAG, yes I think we could pull out a shocker ...
Spread maybe low as we are at home and 5-0.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
You know what. I'm over Saturday and I'm sober. I said after the UVA loss we were beating VT and it worked. Well fu*k it! We are winning Saturday! I didn't feel good about the UVA game and I didn't at Duke either. It was one of those "I hope we win" picks. I felt good about VT and I think we come at the dawgs with everything we got. Plus I think they look at us as easy W and they're focused on winning the SEC championship game. There minds might be in Atlanta but for the wrong game.
We win 27-24