GT (+11) @ UNC

babuka

Georgia Tech Fan
Ted Roofs seat is probably on fire after the Duke game, if our defense doesn't show up against UNC he may not coach another game at GT.

Just speculation here, but CPJ was clearly pissed about our defense in the post game Saturday.

Will the administration give him $1M+ to hire a new defensive coordinator? That is the going rate for a real good one at this level. He already doesn't have to pay an offensive coordinator.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Will the administration give him $1M+ to hire a new defensive coordinator? That is the going rate for a real good one at this level. He already doesn't have to pay an offensive coordinator.
If i understand correctly roof is top 20 out if all DC salaries...

babuka

Georgia Tech Fan
If i understand correctly roof is top 20 out if all DC salaries...

Salaries are booming and as of last year was already 28th highest paid asssistant, while CPJ was 40th highest paid head coach. Georgia techs next highest paid assistant was like 370th. I know CPJ fought for raises for these guys and I don't know where they are at now. This is all per USA Today database online.

Tech football has organizational challenges but trying to save a few dollars on coaches doesn't have to be one. It doesn't really effect the bottom line that much and certainly doesn't help top line growth.