GT (+11) @ UNC

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Jackets opened as an 11 point underdog to UNC. It has dropped to 10 with early action.

Track line movements here

Other lines posted (not all have been released yet):
  • Louisville (-25) @ Boston College
  • Syracuse @ Clemson (-28)
  • Florida State (-6) @ NC State
  • Virginia Tech (-10) @ Duke
  • Pittsburgh @ Miami (-6)
  • Georgia (-2.5) @ Kentucky

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Mack Hollins being out helps a lot. Hopeful that allow us to creep up our safeties(doubt it). We are due for our how did we pull that off game. Not sure if it's this week or next

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
We can win this one with 35+ points. Not likely but possible.

We are going to win at least one more in the next four, IMHO. Maybe 2 or 3. Playing with house money ( and little d).

We've scored less than 30 only three times vs. them in CPJ tenure, so getting 35+ may not be an issue. It's holding them under 30 that may be the issue. UNC is technically 1-8 vs us while scoring under 30 points (that win got vacated). So using @AE87 ppd, we need 4-5 stops to have a chance at winning this game

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
Against better defenses they have scored in the mid 30s to say we need to take advantage of every time we get the ball would be an understatement. My guess is to see an over under around 55. I would take the over.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Passing D is not our string point... The Tar Heels quarterback - Mitch Trubisky - is currently No. 3 in FBS in completion percentage.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I always find it interesting to see the national perception of the games as reflecting by where they set the lines.

I think two are two high. Just as I thought we were less than a touchdown better than Duke, I don't think we are 11 points worse than UNC. Also don't think VT is 10 points better than Duke.
Pitt vs Miami should be pick em, even up.

I guess someone must have been watching what Kentucky did to Missouri. Not that Missouri is particularly good, but Kentucky apparently dismantled them on both sides of the ball at their home field. I had always thought there was a clause in the SEC bylaws prohibiting Kentucky from ever fielding a good football team. The Dogs go up there heavy hearted after not being competitive at Jacksonville. They are in real danger of losing to Kentucky, whether they admit it or not.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
The only way I see us winning this game is us winning the TO margin by 2+. I have ZERO faith in our D to make them punt once in this game.