GSU game thread

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I love how the uninformed masses keep harping that Key will be gone. They are completely unaware of his ties and allegiance to Tech. Tech isn't just another stepping stone for another coach. Tech to Key is home and the ultimate destination.

He ain't going NOWHERE
I agree, wholeheartedly, however, if we don’t pay him what he is worth, I don’t care who you are, he’s not gonna be happy. Nobody should be expected to stick around at their alma mater out of loyalty and not be paid what you’re worth.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Well, at least we know that if it's up to Gibson to throw a Hail Mary for GSU to win, we'll be just fine.
IMG_0100.gif

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I agree, wholeheartedly, however, if we don’t pay him what he is worth, I don’t care who you are, he’s not gonna be happy. Nobody should be expected to stick around at their alma mater out of loyalty and not be paid what you’re worth.
Even with that, I'm still not worried about him leaving. If the wins increase, so will the money getting funneled into the program. Such is the world we live in.

And id bet you Key keeps stacking the wins in the near future

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Even with that, I'm still not worried about him leaving. If the wins increase, so will the money getting funneled into the program. Such is the world we live in.

And id bet you Key keeps stacking the wins in the near future
I agree. It seems we are committed at the top to fund this endeavor we call football. What a refreshing change!

slugboy

Staff member
Sherrer knows us well. Dell McGee is the head coach, and should be a good one. Jim Chaney is their OC, out of the Joe Tiller tree (Chaney was an advisor here in 2022).

If I were them, and I only had the FSU game to go on, I’d sell out to stop the run on defense, and I’d air it out on offense. Chaney has the background to sling it. McGee may be a run guy, though.

They have 4 4* players—two are senior linebackers, plus Kenyatta Watson and Sam McCall in the secondary.

I’d expect them to throw caution to the wind.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Gibson can be good at making the right throw when he has time in the pocket and can set his feet. I expect we are going to make things quite uncomfortable in that regard. He's not really much of a scramble threat so long as we are not way over-pursuing him. I expect us to cheat up again to stuff the run and make him beat us with his arm.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Tickets are up to $47 on Gametime/Stubhub when they were under $25 a week ago. Atmosphere is gonna be electric

Every game for the next 2-3 years is a B1G audition. There is no expense too small for GTAA. Price every unsold ticket $10. Sell 12oz light beers for $1/can (see below). Whatever it takes to stick 50,000 people in Bobby Dodd and give us the competitive advantage to win these games.

1724708354878.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Good interview.
One interesting nugget, which obviously does not include the issue with ranch dressing being a big take to Ireland, is it a lot of Tabasco and hot sauce was taken too. CBK's preference is Tabasco brand Tabasco sauce.
There is ONLY ONE tabasco sauce. Tabasco has it copyrighted. All others must be called hot sauces or something other than Tabasco.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Little bit of inside baseball...State players are asking en masse to wear black. Big deal, you say? Well this is what the black jerseys look like.

1724718465693.png

It's on.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Little bit of inside baseball...State players are asking en masse to wear black. Big deal, you say? Well this is what the black jerseys look like.

View attachment 16674

It's on.
Not like we need extra motivation, but if GSU decides to do this, don’t think for a second it’ll get past any single player or coach. I’d bet every penny I had that if those unis trot onto the field, CBK will run the ball down their throat so much we won’t even need to complete a pass on Saturday. The big boys up front will lay an absolutely whoppin to whomever gets in the way. And that’s how it should be. Don’t come into our house disrespecting. We got the big uglies now that’ll take that trash out and walk it right back into Downtown.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I love how the uninformed masses keep harping that Key will be gone. They are completely unaware of his ties and allegiance to Tech. Tech isn't just another stepping stone for another coach. Tech to Key is home and the ultimate destination.

He ain't going NOWHERE
We will 100% take care of him $$$wise when the time comes

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
McIlhenny….Avery Island Louisiana…..
The cypress south La swamp is all around this small island that is pushed up do to salt dome. So the salt is mined but it played out, They stored paper records. Around salt domes you find oil which was piped to central tankage and pipelined out. Then they found that soil was good for growing peppers - thus pepper sause - = avery island tabasco. Then they made it a tourist destination with tours, old buildings and cajon culture under giant oak trees. .
In 1976 as, the exxon pipeline engr, i would frequently check out the facilities. Just take a 30 mile drive west of Baton Rouge on I10 to Beaux Bridge , then cut 30 miles south. Field,trips are vital- good side trip w good food all around

Last edited: