GSU game thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I still have PTSD from BG, NiU, and the Citadel, but this year feels different. I want to believe that we are going to put up a big number on GaSt
I understand but this is a different team. There is no more hangover from the CGC years. This is a team that now plays ever down of every game with the same commitment and level of intensity. I think we saw that toward the end of last season. Plus, I think they have progress on playing mistake free ball.

The GSU game should tell us a lot about how far this team has come.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
I still have PTSD from BG, NiU, and the Citadel, but this year feels different. I want to believe that we are going to put up a big number on GaSt
I DO believe we will handle Ga State. We may lose a game we shouldn't lose at some point this season, but this ain't it. An in-state team - likely many former HS teammates and rivals. It's a night game - fans will be LOUD. We're finally picking up some positive momentum.

Yea, it has all the markings of a trap game, but there's a lot of reasons to believe we're turning a corner as a program. I expect and believe that we're going to come out with our hair on fire and take care of the boys in blue.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I am concerned coming off a big win, after all I have been a Tech fan for many years. Buy this year does feel different. I love all our coaches and after only one game, I declare Santucci as the real deal. Good defensive play is crucial in these trap games and I believe our D led by our new DC will show up to play.
Go Jackets!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Much easier flying west and getting the extra 5 hour time change. Going east is much tougher.
I’ve always had the exact opposite experience for some reason. But, to be fair, the deciding factor for me either way is whether I can sleep on the plane. I’ve learned also not to eat until I’ve landed.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Almost every time a reporter tried to have CBK celebrate the victory, he always came back with us having a game on Saturday. I don't think he will have them celebrating the FSU win with GSU in the stadium. GSU may come out and push us early, but I don't think CBK will let the team rest in their laurels.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
For the folks that have been around GT football for a while, there is a lingering PTSD with this next match. Following up a big win like last week, and not letting it get to our heads , for a win would be amazing .

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Yea I hear ya, those games are water under the bridge but still in the back of my mind. But, this feels different, although GSU has had this game circled on their schedule from Day One and we are now the hunted instead of the hunters, if we play as focused and physical as we did Saturday we shouldn't struggle.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I understand but this is a different team. There is no more hangover from the CGC years. This is a team that now plays ever down of every game with the same commitment and level of intensity. I think we saw that toward the end of last season. Plus, I think they have progress on playing mistake free ball.

The GSU game should tell us a lot about how far this team has come.
I think how a team plays coming off a big win tells a lot about the mental makeup of the team. It will be interesting to see how they respond. I'm guessing you're right about the difference mentally Saturday vs. where the Jackets were against Bowling Green, with the TFG hangover still in place. We couldn't have a better coach in that regard, but the team can't help but be at least a little off after a big win like that, though. Saturday will be instructive.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What is GSU's offensive style, strengths and playmakers?
Here's a little about them. Their QB is Zach Gibson:

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I already feel better about Saturday since everyone seems to be an admiral ackbar follower this week.
Points for the very casual Ackbar drop.....

May The Force Be With You GIF

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Key is about to jump on 680 the fan.

https://www.680thefan.com/listen-live/ - live stream on their webiste

Good interview.
One interesting nugget, which obviously does not include the issue with ranch dressing being a big take to Ireland, is it a lot of Tabasco and hot sauce was taken too. CBK's preference is Tabasco brand Tabasco sauce.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer