Graham Academically Ineligible

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but in the past when we have had SA become ineligible they usually transfer out? The only one that I think stayed was JHD, but not 100% sure if his was Academic related . Not saying JG can’t turn it around, just wondering what has happened in the past

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
GT is a HARD place to find some classes to boost the GPA while still advancing toward graduation... Many players who fans thought left because of competition, left because they saw no way to get out. Its not like GT has some leisure activities and rec sports classes a player can take. Once you get behind the 8 ball, its hell to dig out.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
GT is a HARD place to find some classes to boost the GPA while still advancing toward graduation... Many players who fans thought left because of competition, left because they saw no way to get out. Its not like GT has some leisure activities and rec sports classes a player can take. Once you get behind the 8 ball, its hell to dig out.
This was my thought too. Not only do you have to bring up the GPA, which is hard, but you have to also catch up on grad requirements due to APR. This is no easy task, and it isn’t surprising when some players transfer due to the challenge of it.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
My son made 1 B in his life before GT. He was a Zell Miller SAT guy in the 10th grade. He struggled here. He got out. GT loses more players due to academics than anyone we play does due to drug test and arrest. GT has a great staff that works with the S/A. Will spoke at the Grad lunch this past Friday. Maybe because he leaned on them over the past 4 years. Hopefully this young man will lean on them also.

Milwaukee

Banned
I think the main thing to learn here is that GT will continue to have this happen, at times. They give the student-athletes tremendous amounts of assistance, but they don't take their tests for them.

This is exactly why many of the NFL caliber recruits don't want to put themselves through this possibility. With that said, hopefully CGC can find some that do.

Hopefully, just a learning experience for this young man.

A quick Google search will prove 100% that your post isn't accurate. This happens at Bama and every program in the nation.

Milwaukee

Banned
2 great players stayed eligible for 3years at GT before turning pro. They were factory type talents who were here to play football and they managed to stay on the field for longer than a semester. There's no basketweaving at GT but you don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar either if you wanna play football for a few years and bounce to the league.

Graham can get back on track if he wants to.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I found you can't just memories your way through. You have to change the way you think and how to really study. Falling behind doesn't work if you think you can pull it out by cramming for finals. Most of us struggled with time management the first year or two. It can be done but will take effort. I hope he decides to stay with school and makes some changes in his approach to his studies. I knew guys with less than 1.0 first quarter that graduated. They did take the M train however.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
A quick Google search will prove 100% that your post isn't accurate. This happens at Bama and every program in the nation.
Seriously? you are saying that the academic experience at Tech is the same as everywhere else? You, sir, are dead wrong, and have lost all credibility.