Goodbye Honeycomb

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This is a little ridiculous don’t you think? They’re getting ready to play football, not put on a Justin Timberlake concert.
Cut him some slack. He's just spit balling ideas of how we can have a unique intrance.

For as long as I can remember teams have tried to come up with a way to enter the stadium that was intimidating or unique or memorable. Some teams had a "dance," some walked arm in arm, some ran through smoke, some ran down a grassy hill, the list goes on. The ones that become successful entrances are those that appeal to the team, then the fans, and finally the media. Eventually it becomes tradition and it is one more piece of home field advantage.

Frankly, running in holding the U.S. and Georgia flags never made sense to me. Aren't those flags already in the stadium? And it's a sports team not a military parade. But that's just me.

Cut him some slack. He's just spit balling ideas of how we can have a unique intrance.

For as long as I can remember teams have tried to come up with a way to enter the stadium that was intimidating or unique or memorable. Some teams had a "dance," some walked arm in arm, some ran through smoke, some ran down a grassy hill, the list goes on. The ones that become successful entrances are those that appeal to the team, then the fans, and finally the media. Eventually it becomes tradition and it is one more piece of home field advantage.

Frankly, running in holding the U.S. and Georgia flags never made sense to me. Aren't those flags already in the stadium? And it's a sports team not a military parade. But that's just me.
I LOVE the fact that they run in carrying those flags. I do think a more unique entrance onto the field could be special though.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
While the nest of the yellow jacket is hexagonal, the word "honey" should never be associated with it. Yellow Jackets and their larvae are carnivorous. There's no honey to be found in a yellow jacket nest. We should do away with the whole "Bees" moniker whenever possible too. Yellow Jackets are wasps, not bees and are much more vicious than the fairly harmless honeybee.

While the nest of the yellow jacket is hexagonal, the word "honey" should never be associated with it. Yellow Jackets and their larvae are carnivorous. There's no honey to be found in a yellow jacket nest. We should do away with the whole "Bees" moniker whenever possible too. Yellow Jackets are wasps, not bees and are much more vicious than the fairly harmless honeybee.
I agree that the term "honeycomb" is wrong and should be done away with, but it could still be called a yellow jacket nest, and we could probably do more to emphasize the "nest" part of it.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
yR4NCQe

Generic font but this is what a potential honeycomb endzone could look like.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I LOVE the fact that they run in carrying those flags. I do think a more unique entrance onto the field could be special though.

I would love for an" intrinsically" safe drone to follow (mimic) buzz on to field .
( 5 rotor drones will auto safe land on 4 rotors after 1 fails).
Lots of smoke , flashing lasers, buzz noise on stadium speakers .
After its thru it could fly into its " honeycomb" hive.
All designed, programed , built, and operated by the new computer nerds on west campus to increase attrmendence .

Notice how qualify being on subject by using a honeycomb hive.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The best AWAY GAME entrance i have ever seen was at Mc Neese st where son played.
A little set up.
The fans party all day at tail gate parties adjacent to stadium. Players come by and socialize as they go get dresssd out. Every game is at night and by game time " the fans are ready" The field is about 10 feet below ground. Its an atmosphere like a gladitorial event .

The entrance
They played a team that came out their tunnel in a tightly packed locked arm phaylanx . They move as a unit and come out to 20 yd like . Then they stop and pause as the booing continues. On a comand the all bend. Then they yell and run to their stop for warm up.
After that the home team comes out.

I may be off some on description- forgive me as i was at tail gate for 5 hours.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
OMG, you guys are uniform obsessed! I don't care what they wear. Just line up and hit somebody.

You must be new around these parts. It happens every year and don't think we are the only fan base that gets its panties riled up about uniforms. I was on Gator Country the other day and damn if they did not go 20 pages at least arguing about a possible return to the Charley Pell orange look with orange helmets and orange shirts as opposed to the Spurrier look of orange helmets and blue jerseys. Both combos with white pants most of the time but some were advocating for more liberal use of the blue pants with the blue jerseys.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Boy is this ever the truth. I was push mowing my yard last summer and ran over a yellow jacket nest and they stung me about 6 times and chased my *** all the way to the door. Vicious little suckers but I got them but good later with hornet spray and a little gasoline poured down their hole.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
yR4NCQe

Generic font but this is what a potential honeycomb endzone could look like.

Not a bad look at all but

- might look, as someone said, better without lettering.

- guarantee someone in power will say it cost to much to do this

- since Yellow Jackets actually refers to fans wearing Yellow Jackets to support the team, perhaps some design with a closet or coat hanger motifs?

Last edited: