Goodbye Honeycomb

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Too bad...

The honeycomb was a subtle refreshing change...

The rendered down buzz graphic and the cartoonish rambling wreck depicted later in this post are sophomoric...

Yeah we’re apparently in the majority, I really liked the honeycomb helmets and thought we should’ve incorporated the pattern more into our overall branding (like maybe in the end zones). Oh well, I guess the old farts controlling the checkbook win again.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Man the helmet concepts posted in this thread have been terrible lmao. I mean nothing but love for whoever is making them and putting in a lot more effort than I am just mashing on my keyboard right now, but I don’t think any of them have been in touch with what an 18 year old star athlete wants.

CGC has proven himself to be tasteful and walking in-step with the young men he’s in charge of handling so I trust whatever he decides to do. I think the honeycomb concept has potential but it needs a lot more brand testing than whatever that mess Russell decided upon was.

Animal02

Banned
Man the helmet concepts posted in this thread have been terrible lmao. I mean nothing but love for whoever is making them and putting in a lot more effort than I am just mashing on my keyboard right now, but I don’t think any of them have been in touch with what an 18 year old star athlete wants.

CGC has proven himself to be tasteful and walking in-step with the young men he’s in charge of handling so I trust whatever he decides to do. I think the honeycomb concept has potential but it needs a lot more brand testing than whatever that mess Russell decided upon was.
Look at the icon and successful brand images ......almost always very simple.....Apple for one.....all the car companies......The interlocking GT is in the same category.....instant recognition.....no need to mess with it.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Surprised that CGC is going old school for now on uniforms.

Actually, in my opinion, R had us go old school for the last 2 or 3 (?) years of our deal with them.

The traditional G / W / G uni they had for us was awesome I thought.

We won’t see anything like that from CGC or Adidas I believe.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Look at the icon and successful brand images ......almost always very simple.....Apple for one.....all the car companies......The interlocking GT is in the same category.....instant recognition.....no need to mess with it.
Counterpoint: Tennessee's checkerboard is also one of the most recognizable logos/patterns in college football or Notre Dame's endzone striping. I'm not saying it would be easy to make a honeycomb iconic or simple, just saying it is possible.

Animal02

Banned
Counterpoint: Tennessee's checkerboard is also one of the most recognizable logos/patterns in college football or Notre Dame's endzone striping. I'm not saying it would be easy to make a honeycomb iconic or simple, just saying it is possible.
It does make the field easily recognizable. Would not have a problem having that in the endzone......then in 75 years, maybe Tech has the same. :D

Wonder how something like this might look for our end zones. Probably not very good, but it's a start. Obviously this is not Tech gold, or even gold at all, but .....

upload_2019-6-24_11-54-30.png

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Wonder how something like this might look for our end zones. Probably not very good, but it's a start. Obviously this is not Tech gold, or even gold at all, but .....

View attachment 5943

what an fn surprise. WE are in agreement. i suggested that in a post awhile back. i love it.

id also add underground tunnels so that the players swarm the model t from an underground tunnel just like a real hive of yellow jackets. wouldnt have to be very long or deep. 8ft cut an cover construction grassed over. one on either side of the car path.

what an fn surprise. WE are in agreement. i suggested that in a post awhile back. i love it.

id also add underground tunnels so that the players swarm the model t from an underground tunnel just like a real hive of yellow jackets. wouldnt have to be very long or deep. 8ft cut an cover construction grassed over. one on either side of the car path.
It would definitely be an interesting look. Not sure about the tunnel, but certainly worth looking into.
You probably couldn't tell, but the lettering and borders are in black, not navy blue....LOL

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

This is a little ridiculous don’t you think? They’re getting ready to play football, not put on a Justin Timberlake concert.