Golf

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Closing in on the end of Day 1 and your Jackets are currently tied for 1st place. Hiroshi Tai with a huge -4 day so far. Most importantly, 7 strokes up on the match play cutline.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Closing in on the end of Day 1 and your Jackets are currently tied for 1st place. Hiroshi Tai with a huge -4 day so far.
Tai has been a really good player. He also played solid last year and helped the team win the ACC tournament. He probably has low average on the team this year. Christo can go really low with his length but has been inconsistent at times. If he keeps it in front of him, he can be dominant.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Three rounds stroke play then top 8 teams play match play. Seeded by stroke play results. There will be some individual players in stroke play . An individual winner is declared as part of the tournament after stroke play is concluded.
Actually, after 3 rounds of stroke play the field is cut to 15 teams and 9 top individuals not on the 15 teams, after a 4th round of stroke play the individual champions are determined and top 8 teams advance to match play.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Actually, after 3 rounds of stroke play the field is cut to 15 teams and 9 top individuals not on the 15 teams, after a 4th round of stroke play the individual champions are determined and top 8 teams advance to match play.
My bad. Going from memory. I forgot that 4th round of cut down stroke play.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Who is our alternate for the tournament? Is it Tran? I know the two freshmen have played all year but it seems like they are always our two highest scores. Maybe it's time to give someone else a shot. Anyway, if you would have told me before the round we would end up only 2 strokes off the lead I would have taken it. We always seem to start slowly so hopefully today was a good sign.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Just read that Christo woke up with a stiff back and wasn't able to work it out before teeing off. Hopefully he can be back in the lineup tomorrow. But it sucks for Christo. It eliminates his chance to win his PGA tour card as well as his chance to win NCAA stroke play obviously. He will compete on Korn Ferry next year because of this. Hopefully the other guys can step it up. Happy to see Aidan Tran get his chance. Also really need Forrester to return to norm today.

This raises an interesting question. Say Christo can't go and someone else gets injured or sick, are we allowed to sub in another alternate for the following round or do we have to just play with 4 and have no throw away score? I assume it would be the latter.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Just read that Christo woke up with a stiff back and wasn't able to work it out before teeing off. Hopefully he can be back in the lineup tomorrow. But it sucks for Christo. It eliminates his chance to win his PGA tour card as well as his chance to win NCAA stroke play obviously. He will compete on Korn Ferry next year because of this. Hopefully the other guys can step it up. Happy to see Aidan Tran get his chance. Also really need Forrester to return to norm today.

This raises an interesting question. Say Christo can't go and someone else gets injured or sick, are we allowed to sub in another alternate for the following round or do we have to just play with 4 and have no throw away score? I assume it would be the latter.
Maybe Robert Kraft can recommend a message parlor where he could get a happy ending?

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw that too. I have not seen info on why. Really hurts our chances.
If you pencil him in for a 72 on Days 2 and 3, it's a 9 shot swing. We would've been +12 / 5th place going into today, even assuming he played par golf. Tough to lose your best golfer, hopefully we can gut it out and he can return for match play.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not looking good
This team is 2 solid players and others. Plus our best player of the two can't play. Too bad. Had our chances. We need some teams to falter to get into match play. Currently at 9th.