Gold Uniforms are here!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
How the hell did Dodd ruin it?

By his and Harrison leaving the sec and by, as AD, totally disregarding his responsibilities to go play tennis daily at Bitsy Grant. Total ignorance of capitalizing on past success. Total disregard of athletic plant. Parts of GF were almost condemned. Freaking “bathrooms” with lights consisting of a light bulb hanging from the ceiling with a pull cord on / off switch. Allowing AMC to let the roof deteriorate so as puddles of water gathered on the court.

“By God, it was okay in 1951 so it should be ok now!”

By his and Harrison leaving the sec and by, as AD, totally disregarding his responsibilities to go play tennis daily at Bitsy Grant. Total ignorance of capitalizing on past success. Total disregard of athletic plant. Parts of GF were almost condemned. Freaking “bathrooms” with lights consisting of a light bulb hanging from the ceiling with a pull cord on / off switch. Allowing AMC to let the roof deteriorate so as puddles of water gathered on the court.

“By God, it was okay in 1951 so it should be ok now!”
OK. I agree with all that, but your post came in response to the G / W / G uniforms that Dodd almost exclusively used. How does what you just said mesh with that?

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not going to read 11 pages about a uniform, but based on recent history, most everyone on this board wants them burned and never worn again since we lost to the Citadel in them.

I'm guessing

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
OK. I agree with all that, but your post came in response to the G / W / G uniforms that Dodd almost exclusively used. How does what you just said mesh with that?

The entire freaking program, the branding, the embracing of sidewalk fans,the realization that you sometimes ( to play a decent schedule) have to nut up and play H&A and instead of expect to play a vast majority of games at home, to treat ticket buyers as customers, to not have an elitist attitude, to make sure you have a home radio station for the team,to stand up and hire the best people instead of hiring people on where they went to school.

Jeez,I truly am sorry that I am not capable of making clear the concept into words. My fault - not yours.

But many believe that the only way to reach levels we deserve to that we may have to divorce from the past that damn near killed us.

Cripes a mighty. Very, very, very sadly Dooley came in with a smaller stadium, worse at that time facilities. He stated ONE major goal that he mentioned his entire career at ugag - “win THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE YEAR, the Ga Tech game.”

And he, from day one focused on facilities, with a smaller fan base.

And he kicked Dodd’s teeth in on the field. They gave him a statue. We renamed our stadium for a former great coach who as AD ignored his responsibilities that cost us at least 10 k season ticket holders and their children that followed.

Dodd ruined the mystic of G / W / G that had been earned over appx 15 years. All to go play tennis.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I understand this not a major issue and there are bigger things to worry about. So please no sarcasm. But can anyone with connections get this fixed? The gold color scheme from the spring game was on point. The other from last week did not match at all.

AP_19257641777529.jpg
5d52e26352c17.image.jpg

The entire freaking program, the branding, the embracing of sidewalk fans,the realization that you sometimes ( to play a decent schedule) have to nut up and play H&A and instead of expect to play a vast majority of games at home, to treat ticket buyers as customers, to not have an elitist attitude, to make sure you have a home radio station for the team,to stand up and hire the best people instead of hiring people on where they went to school.

Jeez,I truly am sorry that I am not capable of making clear the concept into words. My fault - not yours.

But many believe that the only way to reach levels we deserve to that we may have to divorce from the past that damn near killed us.

Cripes a mighty. Very, very, very sadly Dooley came in with a smaller stadium, worse at that time facilities. He stated ONE major goal that he mentioned his entire career at ugag - “win THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE YEAR, the Ga Tech game.”

And he, from day one focused on facilities, with a smaller fan base.

And he kicked Dodd’s teeth in on the field. They gave him a statue. We renamed our stadium for a former great coach who as AD ignored his responsibilities that cost us at least 10 k season ticket holders and their children that followed.

Dodd ruined the mystic of G / W / G that had been earned over appx 15 years. All to go play tennis.
I agree with just about everything you said, except the radio station. At the time we had WGST. It was not a powerful station, but at least it was ours. I wish instead of selling it, whenever they did, they had expanded it and increased its power. The good thing about it was that stations all over Georgia picked up the feed. But overall, yes, Dodd ruined Tech probably forever as an AD.