Gold Uniforms are here!

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as I like uniform stuff, I wish they would focus more on playing better and winning then how we look. I've said it before. Look at the best teams in the country. They rarely do this kind of stuff. They are consistent in there look and focus more on winning. I think we should do the same. Also not a fan of the gold facemask.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as I like uniform stuff, I wish they would focus more on playing better and winning then how we look. I've said it before. Look at the best teams in the country. They rarely do this kind of stuff. They are consistent in there look and focus more on winning. I think we should do the same. Also not a fan of the gold facemask.
The very good programs do not do this, you are right. The other teams, the middle and low end of the pack, do this quite regularly to excite the recruits, players, and fans with something to supplement the "we're not Bama, so how can we still make this fun" issue that MOST programs have.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow

Do you honestly think Geoff Collins is here for the fashion?

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you honestly think Geoff Collins is here for the fashion?
Quite frankly, I wonder. Initially no, but after that last game it makes me wonder. He did say that he designed Temples uniforms and they won an award for best uniforms. I get the need to brand but that't been a disaster and I personally don't like the idea of a new uniform concept for every game. I like consistency. I'm not saying you can do something different every now and then. You're right Ibeeballin, some elite teams do different things every now and then. But, what will they wear the next week? The same traditional uniform they've always worn. After that last game I fell like Collins needs to prove that he and his staff can coach. I know he can, but he hasn't proved it at Tech yet.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Look, just wear GGW at home, GWG away. Problem solved. Classic looks. Then we can just worry about winning games

With our gold jerseys not even being remotely a close match for our gold helmets, we can’t wear gold hats with gold shirts. It would look way too stupid. White hats with gold shirts is about the only way we can use the Adidas “sand” jerseys.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
With our gold jerseys not even being remotely a close match for our gold helmets, we can’t wear gold hats with gold shirts. It would look way too stupid. White hats with gold shirts is about the only way we can use the Adidas “sand” jerseys.
Lol I dont know who started the while everything has to match exactly but when we wore gold helmets and gold jerseys for 6 years straight they were close enough. If it doesn't match exactly. WHO CARES

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol I dont know who started the while everything has to match exactly but when we wore gold helmets and gold jerseys for 6 years straight they were close enough. If it doesn't match exactly. WHO CARES

As much as Collins seems to care about the overall look, I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if we never wear gold hats with gold shirts.

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
Its not a out old fashionista
Its not about us.
Its about the recruits.

Go volunteer as an unpaid hs coach or booster member and u will see they are kids.
How come the best recruits go to schools like Alabama,Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, etc. Because they win. I get your point, kids like fancy uniforms and looking cool, but I personally want to recruit players that want to win instead of how cool they'll look in the uniform. You rarely hear of recruits saying they chose a school because of their uniform. I will say that I think Collins has done a great job of loving the players and building that side of the program. Recruits are more attracted to things we don't see as fans than uniforms.

I think uniforms IS about us the fans AND the players. When you see a certain unique (to that school) traditional uniform you know what school it is. It's what we as spectators see. It it in itself part of the brand of the program.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
How come the best recruits go to schools like Alabama,Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, etc. Because they win. I get your point, kids like fancy uniforms and looking cool, but I personally want to recruit players that want to win instead of how cool they'll look in the uniform. You rarely hear of recruits saying they chose a school because of their uniform. I will say that I think Collins has done a great job of loving the players and building that side of the program. Recruits are more attracted to things we don't see as fans than uniforms.

I think uniforms IS about us the fans AND the players. When you see a certain unique (to that school) traditional uniform you know what school it is. It's what we as spectators see. It it in itself part of the brand of the program.

I think you make an interesting argument about who the uniforms are for.

I agree that kids don’t choose where to play BECAUSE of the uniforms. But they are a factor that can either be a plus in recruiting or a negative. At this point I feel like we need as many pluses as we can get. As a fan I’m more focused on anything we can do to get the best players. Once we are doing that I would turn our attention to making Adidas get the gold right. So if I was shown some cool new uniforms that weren’t quite perfect in terms of color I’d use them and be able to get some “cool factor” out of them while going back to Adidas and saying “hey i like the design and for the next iteration can you work even more on the color.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

I realize it is not a BIG issue, but it is sad that the spring game jerseys matched better than the actual game jerseys.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
The very good programs do not do this, you are right. The other teams, the middle and low end of the pack, do this quite regularly to excite the recruits, players, and fans with something to supplement the "we're not Bama, so how can we still make this fun" issue that MOST programs have.
I mean no one that has a coaching role is spending a lot of time on this. Adidas designs them, and our brand manager probably takes on a lot of the planning and conceptualization. You can have both (see Oregon 2012-2013).

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Quite frankly, I wonder. Initially no, but after that last game it makes me wonder. He did say that he designed Temples uniforms and they won an award for best uniforms. I get the need to brand but that't been a disaster and I personally don't like the idea of a new uniform concept for every game. I like consistency. I'm not saying you can do something different every now and then. You're right Ibeeballin, some elite teams do different things every now and then. But, what will they wear the next week? The same traditional uniform they've always worn. After that last game I fell like Collins needs to prove that he and his staff can coach. I know he can, but he hasn't proved it at Tech yet.

He’s coached three games with a different system’s players. He has benefit of the doubt from everyone in the football world as well as everyone at the Institute. He doesn’t have to prove anything to you to begin branding the program. If you don’t understand the importance of branding in recruiting, well, I’m not sure what to tell you.